Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a registered shoot this weekend at our local club and to keep costs down we typically ask for volunteers to help with scoring etc. Two or three times a year we get a member or two that decide they are going to 'set us straight' and decide to impart us with their wisdom. This weekend happened to be one of those times and I must say that I have finally learned to enjoy listening to their version of the rulebook. This particular individual decided to take it upon themselves to inform one of our younger shooters, between rounds, that they were in violation of the ATA rules because they had the ear plugs that are headphones and they would have to remove them. Thankfully the younger shooter politely told them that they were not in violation and continued with the shoot. After spending way too much time disproving these people I have finally realized the best way to deal with these individuals is to politely ask them to show the violation in the rulebook.

This instance was very minor but the arrogance of some people never ceases to amaze me. If you think there is a rule violation by all means point it out but I am done disproving any and all accusations unless they can show me the violation in the rulebook.

·
Premium Member
5,562 Posts
Todd, First off, thanks for reminding me you all were having a registered shoot Sunday. You know I am retired now and my memory is slipping! :p As for the music, if that poor child was listening to the same head-banging music you listen too while shooting, I might have to object also just for the poor kids welfare! :D Hope you are having a good day at WORK!!!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Have a copy of the rule book handy at the registration desk. Then it can be politely handed to the resident "expert" asking where his/her info can be found. Regards, Ed

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
If you have a smart phone you have a copy of the rule book with you at all times.

Yesterday (4/31) we looked up the rule on how small of a gauge shotgun you can legally use in registered trap. Googled shootata.com and read the rule book.

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
If you have a smart phone you have a copy of the rule book with you at all times.

Yesterday (4/31) we looked up the rule on how small of a gauge shotgun you can legally use in registered trap. Googled shootata.com and read the rule book.
DUH, Yesterday was 5/31. You might want to read your smartphone manual.

·
Registered
22,848 Posts

How small is not specified, how big is. You just can't give a freebie for a .410 shooter to make up for his lack of ability to hit targets at the 27 very well with it.

Don T

Reactions: likes-to-shoot

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
I've shot trap with a .410 several time at our local Ike's during money raising events. It's a humilating learning curve. LOL

I admire a person's talent who can do well with one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Todd, First off, thanks for reminding me you all were having a registered shoot Sunday. You know I am retired now and my memory is slipping! :p As for the music, if that poor child was listening to the same head-banging music you listen too while shooting, I might have to object also just for the poor kids welfare! :D Hope you are having a good day at WORK!!!
I had to laugh out loud on that one... And quit rubbing it in you retired old man! :icon_mecker:

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
you mean ata allows people to listen to music during a match, being totally void to their surroundings?

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
wow.
all i can say.
wow.

you go to the range to shoot and you gotta have music.
wow.

wonder what would happen if i brought my trap gun to a concert.......

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I agree with Bobski!

You go to the range to shoot and you got to have something to drink or eat, WOW!!!!

Next thing people might go to the range and want a place to sit or maybe even a restroom, WOW!!!

·
2,768 Posts
I like V10, Matt.

Okay, he's a little strange, probably from all that desert sun, but he's definitely not a moron-not even a maroon.

Relax, the Seitz will come.

Bob

1 - 20 of 33 Posts