Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been shaving my head since 2004. Early on it was a disaster - plenty of nicks and cuts. Then I got the hang of it, but was never as smooth as I wanted. Then I switched to a double edge safety razor. Smooth, yes. The nicks, scrapes, and cuts are back and they don't heal soon enough to allow another shave in under a week. That's too long to wait.

Does anyone have a suggestion - based on experience instead of marketing - for an electric razor that works well on round surfaces and doesn't remove skin with the hair?

Larry J. Frieders
Grandpa's Arms, Inc.
340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
Have been using Norelco since I started shaving some 60 years ago or so.

My Grandfather said a Norelco was the only razor for him.

Hauxfan!

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
X3 for Norelco, and besides the razors they made the 20 MM cannons we had on AC 130's and F 4's

That rather surprised me when I saw it and was using their razor to shave my peach fuzz in SEA

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
I had a Braun that was pretty good, and pretty high priced, it was a real good razor but the battery died fairly early in my opinion, and you cannot buy a new battery, I was rather shocked but that is what they told me, but that might not be the case on all models

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Larry, if you can find it in your area, what you need is cold pressed (raw) coconut oil. Just slather it on before you shave. Ancient Indians have proven that it will prevent nicks, cuts & scrapes, as well as Streptococcal infections of the scalp.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
I used a Norelco for 13 years and a few new heads for it. Recently purchased a BRAUN and will NEVER go back to Norelco. "run'em"

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
Had the same problem years ago and a friend advised me to shave in the shower. Easy fix. No better beard softener than hot steam. Took a while to get used to shaving by feel but worth it. Bill

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I've been using a Brauns for over twenty years. I'm on my second Model 7526, the first of which, had to have the battery replaced. It now resides in my travel kit, and works great.

My current Model 7526 uses a combination charger/cleaner, and it works like a charm. I've replaced the charger/cleaner stand once, after it wore out.

I replace the shaving head and cutters about every 18 months.

It has three settings, with a swiveling head; fixed head; and trimmer settings.

I tried Norelcos, but I couldn't get good comfort and close shaves with them.

Best, Dennis

·
Molon Labe
11,993 Posts
Kolar12 I wouldn't doubt if they made them too, some stuff multiple companies make, but the ones I saw Norelco was on the manufacture's data plate

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I use a Norelco Aquatech and love it, Once you go to wet shaving with an electric, you will never go back to dry.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: Remington shavers for me. They work better than Norelco's for me. The foil shavers just cut better and cleaner. I have had Braun's but the Remingtons are cheaper. Thanks, Eric

1 - 20 of 25 Posts