Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to first registered trap shoot in long time! I shot a few almost 15 years ago, it didn't interest me too much. Now my boy is shooting FFA trap, so had to get him a new gun last year a Beretta a400 parallel target, and just got him a better one last weekend, or different i guess I should say. I didn't think anything was wrong with the A400, but we got him a Browning XT trap last weekend. and with all the shooting going on I had to get a shotgun too, so I got a 725 Trap this spring, I haven't had much time to shoot, but I did a little the past week and shot the fall handicap with my boy this last weekend and did horrible!!! And I loved it!!! I hate so much seeing those birds fly away unbroken!! There won't be that many get away next year for sure!!! I will get better!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
were going to try to practice 2 or 3 times a week. I found a used Remington 4100 machine and got it set up last week, I might need to adjust it a little for it to be in spec, but I think its close now. I do like the Browning 725, but I think a Beretta 692 Trap combo or a DT11 might be calling my name next spring!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now for the Beretta A400 not sure if Im going to sell it or not? That might be a good gun for my wife? She shot it the other day but after 50rds the next day she said she was sore all over? I know that's probably the lightest recoiling shotgun I'll probably be able to find? Maybe I need to get a youth model to fit her better? This one has 32" brl on it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Its funny how that works. My son started shooting when his high school started a team. He shot for about a year when I thought I might try it. The hook was set and we started shooting registered in 2012. Now he shoots on a scholarship in college and we still shoot together almost every weekend somewhere. Its the absolute best thing we ever got involved with. There is nothing that compares to standing next to your son when he shoots a 98 in doubles (at the fall handicap). Proud dad is an understatement.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Welcome aboard SouthFork! I hope that you and your son share many trapshooting memories as you break those birds together.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I always recommend a clinic to new, young or returning shooters. The time/money/effort to take a class is so valuable and will save you so much in the long run. Second best advice that I would offer is to watch an instructional video.
I continue to market Leo's videos. The singles/handicap DVD offers the same instruction that he gave during his clinics. There is a second DVD that covers doubles/mental game. You can watch a clip on YouTube. Each video is $60 and there is a $7 charge for shipping (for one or both, it is a flat rate of $7). You can email me at [email protected] or call my home 573-985-8237 if you have questions.
Congrats on a great Fall Handicap! keep shooting!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm one step ahead of you!!! I ordered the Leo 2-dvd set 2 days ago, I was going to buy a set at the fall handicap, but I didn't see any, but I have a Amazon account and they were available on there, I should have them this week or next? They can't get here too soon!!! I'll be waiting for them!!!

·
Registered
6,316 Posts
Love these kind of stories! Shooting, even bad shooting is a great time. And yes you will get better.
YES INDEED !!!!!!!

IMPORTANT !! Know where you gun shoots. Shoot it for POI. Then when you miss you`ll know what you did wrong. And follow through on your swing.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yep, it does look to be Sunrise Productions.
image.png
image.png
image.png

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
That's fine, they are the production company that we worked with and we have a professional arrangement with regards to sales. I'm just always on alert to bootleggers. Hey, thanks for the BIG print, us old folks have trouble reading small fonts.hahaha

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
South Fork, I hope you will enjoy the videos, thanks for ordering. When I personally sell a DVD, I offer to be a follow up resource for questions. There were videos available at the Fall Handicap, at the clubhouse desk, guess I need to display them in a better area, haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes, I do need to figure out where the POI is. I ordered a laser sighter for the 12ga also on Amazon. I wonder how close it will be to what it shows on paper? I am going to find out. I also like the looks of the Beretta 692 Trap. The ability to be able to adjust the rib looks good to me!!! Or the DT11??? It would have been nice to win Leo's last gun that they had the raffle on last weekend. I tried to get a ticket when they announced last call, I was at the end of the range by Graf & Son's and walked straight up there. When I got in there they said the raffle was closed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was wondering what the Leo videos was like so I went to youtube and searched it. When he was giving instructions and doing the demo shot he was turning all of the targets to dust. Not just a Break or a few pieces, dust!!! Every one he shot!! I knew right then I needed the videos!!! I seen leo shoot a few times, I helped one of the venders at the Fall handicap a few years back, and I think I seen him at a few of the monthly shoots. I seen him and also have helped Leo II when he picked up some ammo from Graf's.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Sorry you missed out getting a ticket, I had been selling them from my home and at several major shoots since May. There were tickets scattered over the country at many clubs. I was in the MTA clubhouse every day of the Fall Handicap starting on Tuesday selling from the office desk. It was posted that the raffle would be held at 5 so that was the cutoff time. Due to the Bob Graf appreciation dinner, the actual pulling of the tickets were just after 5.
thanks for coming to the MO Fall Handicap, hope you come back....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll be back for sure! I would have liked to have had a chance, but even if I had a ticket I would have probably had better chances of getting struck by lightning! I think I remember you saying that you sold 6,000 tickets? I was there at the drawing, I am sure it made someone very happy!!! Bob's had a hard time the last few years. I am sure he wished he could have been shooting!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts