Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was so excited after running my 1st 25 as a lefty shooter last night under the lights. As many know, I had a macular hole develop in my retina several months ago, so I was forced to learn how to shoot lefty. Well, I'm getting there. On my 3rd and final round of the night last night, i had a good group, stayed focused for 25 shots and there ya go.. can't wait for tomorrow... trap, 1pm. The last month I have really begun to shoot consistently in the 20's with several 24's... I feel as long as I can keep my focus .... I'm smashing the bird, no matter what gun I shoot.

·
Administrator
8,665 Posts
Congrats on getting things moving in the right direction! I have know a couple of shooters to successfully switch and it takes a lot hard work. Keep it up. If I remember there is a well known gunsmith that frequents this forum who was able to switch.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I was so excited after running my 1st 25 as a lefty shooter last night under the lights. As many know, I had a macular hole develop in my retina several months ago, so I was forced to learn how to shoot lefty. Well, I'm getting there. On my 3rd and final round of the night last night, i had a good group, stayed focused for 25 shots and there ya go.. can't wait for tomorrow... trap, 1pm. The last month I have really begun to shoot consistently in the 20's with several 24's... I feel as long as I can keep my focus .... I'm smashing the bird, no matter what gun I shoot.
Congratulations!... I am left eye dominated, shoot right handed....I tried for a month,4days a week and couldn’t do it...again congrats and shoot well!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel kinda special too.. how many guys do you know that have shot a 25 righty and a 25 lefty.. When the old right eye went down... I was working on reaching the 100 plateau, now I get to work it from the left. What's pretty kewl... I started shooting trap just 11/2 years ago... I might add...... without this board, no way I would be where I'm at now, the help I have received here is endless. Every day I read something new that has helped me to become a better shooter..... I have a long way to go, thank you so much.... It's hard to believe that just about 18 months ago ... my excitement the 1st day on this board earned me the "troll" label .... 18 months later this guy is so grateful to be a member here .... :cool:

Thank You!!!

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Morning Richie! Thanks ... you know it goes without saying... you are one of the guys here that has been my inspiration and wealth of info and help ..... 1pm today ...PVSC .. the ride continues

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Congratulations on your first 25 from the left side. I also had to make the switch from right to left, it took me over a year to get my first 25 shooting left handed. Doing it in a few months is outstanding!

·
Registered
125 Posts
I feel kinda special too.. how many guys do you know that have shot a 25 righty and a 25 lefty.. When the old right eye went down... I was working on reaching the 100 plateau, now I get to work it from the left. What's pretty kewl... I started shooting trap just 11/2 years ago... I might add...... without this board, no way I would be where I'm at now, the help I have received here is endless. Every day I read something new that has helped me to become a better shooter..... I have a long way to go, thank you so much.... It's hard to believe that just about 18 months ago ... my excitement the 1st day on this board earned me the "troll" label .... 18 months later this guy is so grateful to be a member here .... :cool:

Thank You!!!
Not many, in 2004, my Multiple Sclerosis relapsed. My right eye was "cloudy". Couldn't get it to clear up by rubbing or washing out. Come to find out, optic nerve damage for my right eye. After my rounds of steroids for the inflammation, I decided to try lefty, given, my right eye still works, just a dark spot right where the beads are on my gun. Well, the first time I shot lefty I shot 75 light reloads. My shoulder was black and blue from the recoil, didn't break too many. A RAD was installed on my MX-15. Now the recoil is under control, I resumed shooting. I didn't keep track of rounds or time before the first 25, I had a pile right handed and 2 100 straights. Fast forward to 2006, I break my first 100 left handed at a registered shoot at the Bible Grove club. I've now had 4 100 straights left handed from the 16. You're doing very well, keep at it, pay attention to foot placement and gun hold points. Before you know it, that 100 will sneak up on ya! I did make the 26 yard line at the Grand two years ago(2018). Not so many 25's from the 26 yet but the shutdown really hampered stuff this year. Best of luck and continued good shooting,
Jonathan Taylor 9504398

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Congratulations on the "new" 25! Now hope to see your name on winners lists at Ma. State Shoot in a few days.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congratulations on the "new" 25! Now hope to see your name on winners lists at Ma. State Shoot in a few days.
Wow.. my best 100 ... 97 out of 100 ... 25,25,24,23 ... but the 1st 25 was thursday
OK when and where is it again..

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just have to add to this... i feel like I really have turned the corner today ..... I didn't shoot any 25s .... but I did shoot 24,24,24 .... I'm on a run like I have not had since I began shooting trap a little over 18 months ago . For the 1st time I truly feel shooting 100 straight is actually possible. I know I haven't even shot 50 or 75 on the same day... but after today ... I can taste it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts