Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:
My neighbor's car would not start due to the cold weather yesterday and she asked if I could take a look at it. Long story short, I got it started but I think I got frost bite on the upper part of one of my ears. It's always red and painful now.

Any one ever get frost bite, how do you care for it? Does it go away?
Thanks,
Steve Balistreri
Wauwatosa Wisconsin

·
Banned
5,302 Posts
Don't worry, in about 3 days it will go away. You may want to wear your hair longer on that side after it goes away. In the alternative, you could have your other ear removed so that you would at least have a match.

·
Registered
16,608 Posts
When I was 14 we walked back home from roller skating in -14s weather with a wind.

My ears got it, skin turned brown and came off. 60 years later they are still sensitive to cold.

Better than fingers or toes.

HM

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Steve, your and outdoors guy and you don't dress for the weather really? No head band or ear muffs? It will go away with a bit of time keep warm knuckle head

·
Premium Member
12,271 Posts
SS,

Sure it wasn't 'thigh burn?' ;-)

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
You're a dead man walking. Once frostbite gets a grip it starts spreading. Soon your ear will fall off, then other parts of your body will follow.

Too bad.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
I froze my ears when I was in 4th grade or somewhere around that age.

They swelled up and then they scabbed over and finally they come back to normal size.

But it did make my ears much more tender to the cold weather for a few years after.

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Hauxfan.........."normal size"............lol

·
Premium Member
18,760 Posts
Steve, your taking a beating. My father in law got frost bite in his feet, fighting in Korea. Bothered him until he passed away 4 years ago. Don't worry Steve, it will pass in a couple of days. Charlie.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts