Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my wife and me a new smart phone! We've always had the old dino-saur flip top, John McCain, cool breeze phones. So, needless to say this has been a real trip so far.

I just told my wife it's like putting a gorilla in a SUV and having it drive from my house to NYC...I'm not too concerned, I'm sure some of my students will be happy to fix me up and show me how little I know, and how much they know.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Mine would be much better if I were smart. The phone which I'm posting from right now is not just smart, it is brilliant. Me on the other hand, I'm all thumbs when it comes to some of this. I have found my 6 year old to be the most help. It seems they were born with the know how.

·
Premium Member
18,811 Posts
Mine is a smart phone, with a dumb operator.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
They are very useful. I've thoroughly enjoyed mine. Just don't be an annoyance to others by wandering around staring at the screen or using it in church, theaters or restaurants.

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
I'm with slayer, using google voice prompt makes life so easy.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I've been accused from the "Stone Age" as far as computers are concerned. But I started to use iPhone since 3S was released.

Now, couple years later, iPhone 5S really got me to say this:

"If you can get on TS.com to see this, but you're not using a smart phone, it's like shooting trap with a bolt action shotgun. Or watching Star War on 13" Black & White tube TV."

You'll survive, but you really don't know what's out there. :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The iPhone and iPad are great tools for shooting. Checking weather, pulling up an average card, music on the line, lots of stuff.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I'll stick with my $15 a month rarely used flip phone. Have no need for all the things that a smart phone can do.

Eric

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I can empathize with the "Stone Age" flip phone folks. Up until a couple of years ago I was one of you. I delighted in telling anyone who mentioned it that I didn't need one of those fancy gizmos, they were too expensive, I'm getting along just fine with my $15 POS, etc., etc. We are just like the folks who said they would never give up their horse for an automobile. After all, why should they? The horse did everything they wanted. Same mentality now...new era. My iPhone was gifted to me and, along with a computer, it's the best thing that has happened to me technologically. Try it...you'll like it.

Sent from my iPhone!!

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
APrice,

I did try it and didn't like it. As I said above I have absolutely no use for all the things a smart phone can do, in fact I really don't need a cell phone.

Eric

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
I still think the world was a lot less complicated before we were all connected 24/7. My little dumb flip phone does just what I need. It rings, I answer it. Most of the time it's a telemarketer, becoming a real pain in the butt with them. Other then that, it's great for calling a tow wagon when I ditch the car or telling the wife I'll be late.

Big Jack

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
I understand.

But all you flip phone guys did got computer and internet right? Now,

Imagine your life without TS.com? Imagine buying guns without internet!

See what I mean? :)

·
Registered
16,612 Posts
The extra cost isn't worth it.

My kid is constantly wanting me to stand there and look at something on the stupid little box.

My computer does more, and for less money. And I don't have to squint at it.

I will admit, getting the Weather radar on screen can be helpful but the club can put it on a 52 inch screen.

HM

1 - 18 of 18 Posts