Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me if/how Gooey Pads withstand the hot southern California summers? I am the proud new owner of a Caesar Guerini which came to me with a Gooey Pad. I actually really like the feel of it, but have heard they're not the best choice for hot climates. I am hoping to hear otherwise.

Best Wishes to all !!

Val

·
Registered
13,620 Posts
They are made just north of you. Call them and talk to George.

What I've found is that heat isn't the enemy, UV light (which you can't do anything about), solvents, and dirt collected off the ground are.

Keep solvents and oils off of it, and don't set your gun on the ground, and you'll get the longest life possible out of it.

I usually expect to replace them every year.

Gooey pads are a tradeoff, they provide the lowest recoil of any pad I've ever tried, but they have the shortest life because of the softness as well. Kinda like snow tires (not that a californian would know anything about those LOL).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Val,
Have been using gooey pads for the last 10 years haven't had any
problems and wouldn't use any other brand.
In this shooting world you will here many wives tales.
Jack

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I live in So. Cal and shoot pretty much at Redlands. If their gun racks sit in the sun, I don't put my gooey pad against it. I understand the gooey's will melt when sitting against a hot surface. And we all know how hot it gets at Redlands. Other than that, I've had no issues using gooey's on all three of my shotguns for the last 3 years. Love the pads by the way...

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
Shooting in extremely hot weather a Gooey pad holds up better than I do. I wish somebody would make an Air-Conditioned one. Maybe that Dyson Vacuum dude could do it.

·
Banned
4,725 Posts
Val - keep it clean and it'll last for a long time. I just today received two from George and they are at my Gunsmith to get installed and one for a spare. Don't get upset though when shooting in the rain and it turns white. Dry it and the color will return. Good shooting with that exceptional CG Apex.

blade819

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Over in Vegas they work fine. Keep it clean. Little liquid silicone or spray silicone does nice job preserving them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts