Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've got a Beretta 682 X trap combo that needs a little attention. Top single barrels have quite a bit of play when the action is closed. O/U barrels are much better, but also much newer than the rest of the gun (and I'm not much of a doubles shooter....)

So I dropped into my local gunshop that seem like nice guys and sell nice guns. He said he didn't want to touch it (I respect his honesty), and referred me to Bachelder in Grand Rapids. I'm new to Michigan, so I wanted to see what other shooters in the area thought.

Ultimately I plan to sell the shotgun, but I think I'll have to list it somewhere like the classified section of this forum, and I don't want to sell it in its current condition over the internet. Although, it's not so bad that I don't still shoot it- I do.

And another thing- how do people measure the amount of play between the barrels and reciever- is there a way to check with a feeler gauge or set up a dial indicator, so that I can actually get a meaningful measurement of how bad the play really is?

Thanks,
Lyman

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll give him a call on Monday. Has anyone dealt with Bachelder ? Any opinions there?

I took a look at this thread-http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/beretta-682-shooting-loose.127554/

maybe I don't really have a problem- sounds like Berettas with a few rounds through them just have a little movement. The gap between my receiver ant the barrel block changes from about .001" to .006"

Hand

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got the message. Thanks guys- I'll be giving Mr. Allor call first thing tomorrow!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the 682 X back from Kerry back in November. Still haven't had time to shoot it, but it's clear that he does very nice work. He took a lot of time to show me around the shop, and show me what he did to get the headspace right and get both barrels to fit right again. Thanks everyone for the recommendation!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts