Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're getting encouraging reports from the Grand American at Linn Creek. After the visit and great reception from MO's Governor, and offer of financial incentives, it wouldn't be a surprise to learn of a plan to relocate ATA to Lake of the Ozarks. In many ways it would solve the issues with staying in Sparta, which has become a nightmare, especially with the corrupt government in Chicago. It seems they have the infrastructure and, apparently the financial backing, things could move fairly quickly in that direction.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
We're getting encouraging reports from the Grand American at Lynn Creek. After the visit and great reception from MO's Governor, and offer of financial incentives, it wouldn't be a surprise to learn of a plan to relocate ATA to Lake of the Ozarks. In many ways it would solve the issues with staying in Sparta, which has become a nightmare, especially with the corrupt government in Chicago. It seems they have the infrastructure and, apparently the financial backing, things could move fairly quickly in that direction.
It's Linn Creek not Lynn Creek
Lynn Gipson is the ED of the ATA.
Maybe that is confusing you?

I apologize if you meant the spelling.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Don’t see it happening in the near future with them having an agreement with Sparta to host the Grand for several more years.
After that agreement is up who knows.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Don’t see it happening in the near future with them having an agreement with Sparta to host the Grand for several more years.
If I remember correctly the SCTP had an agreement also for several more years. They moved their National tournament to the Cardinal Center.
Guess it would depend on the fine print of the contract.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Agreed. They have a contract until 2026. Nothing would shock me after those (6) years are up. That said, there is a lot of people on here and elsewhere with a whole bunch of wishful thinking. The Grand will never be what it was in the pre 1990’s Dayton days no matter where it may be held. It was a different time back then. The old guys from the post WWII era who built up the ATA and the Grand to big numbers, have died off.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Seems to me that the State of Illinois broke the contract this year. I don’t
know how the contract is written but if Illinois broke the contract by not
letting the 2020 Grand happen in Sparta I would say all bets are off. Time
to get out of there and not deal with future State Administrations that
might jack with it in the future. Thanks for Linn Creek and all the hard
work the MTA put into having the Grand this year.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I totally agree that Linn Creek stepped up big time and helped both the ATA and the shooters by hosting this event.
My hat is off to one and all that had any part in getting it done, thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Another option would be for the ATA to approach the State of Illinois with a long term lease or out right purchase of the Sparta facility.
Illinois has financial problems so this would give the state finances to spend elsewhere plus give the ATA control. Just a thought and I am sure the ATA has already thought of this too.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Why even consider Illinois, as they are so anti-gun and I doubt that will change in thenext 100 years.

Reactions: patch
1 - 11 of 11 Posts