·
Registered
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on the web.....

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Excellent. Thanks for the link. We need more journalist like Jen Engel, and a lot more state Senators like Rand Paul.

I encourage anyone who opens this post, to click on the link. Finally some common sense.

Wayne

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I personally don't know what the fuss is about. Bob Costas' commentary was
so poorly written, and he just read it off the monitor like he didn't even care what it said. After about a minute of his droning on, I stopped listening - until the word "handgun" got my attention. I'll bet half the people went out of the room to go to the bathroom or get a sandwich. We gun owners are probably the only ones that even paid attention to what he was talking about. Besides, it's Bob Costas - the jerk who snubbed the accomplishments of the shooters at the Olympics.

Jen Engel's article was excellent, and I guarantee it will outlive the
tripe that came from Bob Costas.

·
Molon Labe
12,004 Posts
Very good article

The one thing that Whitten and Costas forget is if he didn't have a gun, his wife would be dead, he probably have beaten her to death and he would still be alive so the state would have to take care of him for quite a while

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
She came home at 1:00 am. Past her curfew. No matter how much money, or physical ability......You Can't fix stupid.

Wayne

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Did you notice that the comment was BAD THAT HE HAD A GUN. He never even considered what might have been the result id SHE had a gun. The result might OR MIGHT NOT have been the same or maybe, just maybe, she would have stopped him and both of them might be alive.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
He and his wife were avid shooters I understand so it does still surprise me that he shot her and then thanks his coach for beliving in him and then takes his own life. No sane person would do that. Something was terribly wrong with this and is sure a terrible situation. Jackie B.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Here's some common sense - A gun is nothing more than a collection of easily made parts that any half-assed machine shop can turn out without a lot of trouble. For that simple, irreducible fact there will always be guns in this world. No law or law enforcement system in the world will stop the proliferation of guns.

The only real question is who will have them. If the populace is disarmed there are two groups of people who will still be armed - criminals, and the various militarized police forces whose behavior won't be impinged on by that stodgy old bill of rights.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.