Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a Model 12 from a good friend who has had it for many years. He purchased it from a local fellow who is a self taught master gunsmith/tool&die maker. The gun has a custom stock and a fantastic release trigger but what is amazing is that this dust baller was built in 1913! I have a few high dollar trap guns and this gun is every bit as good if not better. They just don't make them like they used to.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I agree dontate, I have a round post donut base trap from 1955, and it is just about my favorite gun to shoot. They just don't make 'em like they used to! How about a few pics of that model 12?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correction! Serial # is 60119. According to the chart I have the gun would have been made in 1914 NOT 1913. You guys are the experts on these guns I just like to shoot it. Yes it is a 12 Gauge. Looks like a Simmons rib was added to a field gun. Regardless of the details this old gun is a real shooter!
Don Tate

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
In response to the first 50k 12s being 16 & 20 ga., about 20 years ago I bought a mod 12 Black Diamond, 12 ga.Trap, sn was 488xx. Larry Evans

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
southjblue, No, I sold that gun to a mod 12 "Hoarder" about 20+ years ago. At one time when we were sitting at his kitchen table drinking a few brewskys, he told me he had about 100 mod 12s and then proceeded to try and locate them in the various hiding places in his house. I will ask atound and see if he is still in the area and if he still has # 488xx. Larry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.