Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mr. Roach sir,

Your task is daunting. I wish you the best.

I read your open letter to the forum. Your quote,

" We're pulling in the correct direction, better now than at any time in my trapshooting career."

We once had 80,000 shooters. The grand is lower than it has been since the Korean War. A half million dollars couldn't get more shooters to attend what is supposed to be a grand shoot.

We have kicked the weekend warriors to the curb. We are more focused on finding parking spaces for motorhomes.

We have repeatedly given "one-time reductions."

All this and right from the start you say this is the best you have seen in your career.

Good luck but blinders are not going to help. Our vision is 20/20.

Posted w respect

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It's funny how people think they can say anything if they say something to go along with it like, "I'm not trying to be a dick, but", or, "with all due respect". Saying things like that doesn't give you carte blanche to behave like a douchenozzle and it certainly doesn't denote any modicum of true respect.

There was zero respect in Niagara's post, evidenced by, ..."but blinders are not going to help. Our vision is 20/20".

It's all exacerbated by the anonymous posting, with no attribution to an actual person. At that point, it's not only disrespectful, but cowardly.

Regards,

Chip Porter

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Minnship,

Maybe you could dispute some of the statements above rather than name calling. The above problems are all issues Mr. Roach will have to tackle.

·
Vendor
19,358 Posts
Chip Porter. Aren't you glad that this group of posters (me included) is such a small group? A few disenchanted old men thinking they make a difference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have only been in trap shooting around 5 years now. I realize that does not give me any history of what the sport used to be like. I can absolutely tell you that I have enjoyed the sport, both local club shooting and registered events. The only place I am seeing the negative aspect is right here on trapshooters.com ... This is a great place to obtain information about shooting and firearms, but WOW is it also a wonderful place to read comments from (adults) who want to vent and ramble...

Mr. Roach, I wish you the best in finding some solutions to promoting our sport and hope to meet you this summer. I would love to give any help to Lynn and yourself, if there is anything I could help with....

Could everyone just try and be positive and enjoy being with friends shooting ? Isn't that what we are here for ?

·
Registered
8,217 Posts
Could you expect anything else coming from the likes of nigeria?

Good luck Barry and wish you nothing but success.

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
I wish the best of luck to ANYONE who steps up and tries to make the ATA a better organization for the future. We are an aging crowd like most organizations but I hope we can pass the torch with improvements made on every level. Good luck Mr. Roach and many of us want to see you have great success. Duane

·
Registered
103 Posts
Now thats better, Good wishes Barry, We hope you make a positive impact on our sport...

Perazzi MX8 is right, at least you know that you did your share at making our membership grow... So that more folks can enjoy the sport of trapshooting.

·
Registered
992 Posts
niagara, Barry's job will be to light a fire under the likes of you to hopefully get people like you back to shooting ATA targets instead of being so negative about how bad things are. You will also get a little more respect if you put a name to your post. Trevor Dawe

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Niagara sir, there is nothing 20/20 about your perception of Trapshooting.

You haven't fixed, or maybe even have caused the problems at your own resident club.

Posted w respect

Charge hard Barry Roach.

·
Banned
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
White Rattler....

I do my part to promote shooting. Maybe we will meet sometime and discuss it. I shoot trap and I have seen the sport I love destroyed in the last 8 years. I also help at my local clubs. I am passionate about the sport. I am not a name caller as are many on the site.

If the above statistics offend some I would have to agree they are offensive. This is the state of our sport. As Mr Roach said the task is daunting but I am going to call out anyone that says things are going better than at any time in their career. I hope that was a misstatement.

If you don't like the facts I have presented then present some better facts. No one has done that on this thread. I only see name calling and personal attacks.

I think we can both agree....we don't have long to get it right.

Thanks for your view.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Barry, congratulations and the best of luck to you. Hopefully the negativity that is all too often seen on this site won't slow your efforts. Hang in there and keep you eye on the target!

Sean Hawley

·
Premium Member
18,773 Posts
What Perrazi said. Good Luck Barry.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
congratulations Barry, I know you'll do a great job.I met Barry when I started shooting registered trap in 1988 and he was always ready to answer a question or help in any way.I'm sure he would extend that same courtesy to anyone else.I'm sure he will be an asset and do all he can to further the sport. Good luck, see you this summer. John Kravanek

1 - 20 of 197 Posts