Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time back there was a discussion on what gloves to get
for shooting and I have lost this info. Reccomendations?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Some time back there was a discussion on what gloves to get
for shooting and I have lost this info. Reccomendations?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hello: Foot Joy winter golf gloves. About $21 and fit very well. It has not been cold enough here yet to try them. It is snowing today so I may go walk and get the mail with them. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
In the past, I've gone to sporting goods stores and bought baseball batter's gloves. They are light enough, and are usually cheaper than buying regular shooting gloves. I haven't bought one recently, so I don't know the costs, or even if you can still buy just one.

Steve

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I have used golf gloves in the past.

Lately I have been using bicycle riding gloves; little extra padding (think palm swell) and open fingers.

They wear better than golf gloves also.

Regards, and good shooting,

Dave

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
I use to wear WinterJoy golf gloves, which are good, but I like Mechaniix brand gloves better since I got some. The Bob Allen's I have are too bulky.

Wayne

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
In the warmer months I like to wear golf gloves on both hands, no sweating, better purchase on the gun especially the trigger hand. I am right handed shoot release and cut the trigger finger off the glove. I like the feel when I set the release, seems to work for me. Also a benefit when shooting doubles above 90 degrees, hot gun, no sweaty hands, better control = better scores for me. Scott

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I've tried them all and the batting gloves are the best value for the money.
I have these UA ones right now and they are nearing 3 years old and I shoot a lot. I've never been able to get much more than a year from golf gloves.

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens-ua-clean-up-iv-batting-gloves/pid1229408

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Addas triple stripe batting gloves from Dicks 15 bucks well worth the money. John

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'll hop in with a vote for batting gloves. I have been using them for years, but I do it a little different. I wait until the end of baseball season then buy them discounted for under 10 dollars.
Another OT is that I use weight lifting gloves for shooting my HP pistols. The padding in the palm helps take some of the sting out of the big guns.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
I have been using a FJ golf glove (real leather and then synthetic)on my trigger (R) hand for decades. Consistent grip and comfort. I've used "Mechanics Gloves" on both hands for the odd occasion I've shot in cold weather and they work just fine.

Ron Burr

·
Registered
307 Posts
Foot joy all the way Sta-soft in the summer and there cold weather gloves in the winter. Foot joy sells more gloves in 1 day than all the others combined in a year.

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
When you use batting gloves, do you have to adjust them after every shot?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts