Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Not exactly golf and guns but Biltmore Mansion in Ashville, NC offers 5 Stand and Sporting Clays programs in addition to horseback riding, float trips, hiking, off road touring and other outdoor activities. The shooting programs offer professional instruction and gun rental as options.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
About the only thing that golf and trapshooting have in common is the "yips"

Reactions: bsd

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
There once was a time when most country clubs had a trap field

1904 McClure's Magazine

Feb. 28, 1914 Sporting Life
"Veteran Shooting Man Busy Organizing New Shooting Clubs"
New York City, N. Y., February 20.
As a trap news item, I wish to inform you that since October 1, 1913 I have installed clay bird traps at the following points, viz.: Port Washington Yacht Club, Port Washington, L. I.; Bayside Yacht Club, Bayside L. I.; Stamford Yacht Club, Stamford, Conn.; Indian Harbor Yacht. Club, Greenwich, Conn.; Colonial Golf and Country Club, Paterson, N. J.; Union Social Club, Rutherford, N. J.; Kingsley School for Boys, Essex Falls, N. J.; Knollwood Country Club, White Plains, N. Y.; Peddie Institute, Highstown, N. J.; put in an extra trap at Marine and Field Club, Bath Beach, L. I.; also an extra trap at New Rochelle Yacht Club, New Rochelle, N. Y.
There are also good prospects for a trap at Wykagyl Country Club, Mt. Vernon, N. Y.; Mackenzie School for Boys, Monroe. N. Y.; Pelham Country Club, Pelham, N. Y.; Huntington Yacht Club, Huntington, L. L ; Hicksville Athletic Club, Hicksville, L. I., and Hempstead, L. I.
I inaugurated the North Jersey League of trap shooters which comprises the Jersey City Gun Club; Smith Gun Club, Newark, N. J.; Orange Gun Club, Orange. N. J.; Little Falls Gun Club, Little Falls, N. Y. Also got a league of yacht clubs where trap shooting is in order during the Winter and comprises the following clubs, viz.: Stamford Yacht Club, Conn.; Indian Harbor Yacht Club, Greenwich, Conn.; Bayside Yacht Club, Bayside, L. I.; Manliassett Bay Yacht Club, Port Washington, L. I.; New Rochelle Yacht Club, New Rochelle, N. Y.; Port Washington Yacht Club, L. L. and Marine and Field Club, Bath Beach, L. I.
J. S. FANNING

Possibly Bart Lewis on Station One at the South Shore Country Club, Chicago, 1917 GAH
http://library.la84.org/SportsLibrary/BBM/1917/bbm196z.pdf

1923 GAH

Bart Lewis, Frank Troeh and the South Shore CC

·
Vendor
1,673 Posts
upload_2019-11-11_23-37-10.png

About the only thing that golf and trapshooting have in common is the "yips"
NOT TRUE: There are many similarities - I have helped several golfers with their mental game using "stuff" that I pass on to my students.

·
Registered
7,584 Posts
Streamsong is an absolutely incredible place. While you are out shooting your wife will love the spa.

They built this place in the middle of nowhere and you have to make reservations just to go because they have gotten so busy.

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
There once was a time when most country clubs had a trap field
The Boca Raton Hotel and Club had both back its day. During the 60's and 70's they had a skeet field and a trap field for the hotel guests to use, as well as a premier golf course as well. Its called the Boca Raton Resort and Club today. Alas, they closed the shooting fields in the early 80's when clay target shooting fell from popularity. Break em all Jeff

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Fair Field Glades Windom Resort, Crossville TN, (Our condo is on one of the 11 lakes) 5 championship golf Courses & the Sportsman's shooting club ( trap, skeet, 5-stand, 500-yard rifle, plus pistol and an archery course. 800+members. Stay at the resort and you can shoot at the club or play golf, both for a fee.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts