Trapshooters Forum banner

Gold Nitro Hulls??

4595 42
I saw a couple posts in the For Sale Forums with Gold Nitro hulls selling for 12.5 cents a piece! What makes them so expensive? Other than color, are they any different from a Green STS?
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
538 Posts
Everyone that is in their right mind knows that Gold Nitros are to be loaded with 1 1/8 oz. of #7.5. And Green STS are to be loaded with 1 oz. of #8. Yeah that is the only difference....

I've never heard of the shipping cost being baked into the per-hull price.
A LONG time ago on here there was a guy in Fl. that was from Pa. and spent winters in Fl. that sold hulls, and his shipping was included in the price. Worked out to about .03 cents each shipping included. Read ~10 years ago that he passed away. I purchased a fair number of Remington hulls from him. Still have some left. But not as many as I'd like.

Bought 5,500 Once fired STS hulls one month ago for $100.00. Mike
That is a heck of a deal especially in today's market. I have enough 16 ga. and 20 ga. to get me through the next few years. Or more. But down to only ~1.5K green STS and the same in Nitro's in 12. Be more than willing to pay .05 cents each for a couple thousand of each or more if you still are in contact with him. I am in Mn. where we have 6 weeks of poor sledding, the rest of the year is reloading season and am old enough that I am done with shooting in the 30's and 20's below weather. And would rather be reloading. If you don't mind like I said would be willing to pay .05 cents a round delivered and would pay you the difference. Send me a PM if that works out for you.

Like Pat said shipping can be a real pain in cost. But I do also travel a bit. Not so much in the last year but it is starting to pick up recently.

· Registered
6,249 Posts
I was getting them for free at the club (AA's also) the last couple years; I know I'll be getting some hulls this year, but not as many. A guy on my league team offered me a large amount of them for free, maybe I'll take him up on that.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.