Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand the dollar value vs. gold price.. But.. stock market up should drive gold down.. I'm totally confused.. which now is a daily state..

·
Registered
918 Posts
Stock market is up compared to 2009 but still below the 2007 high (DJIA) With swings of 141 down and 250 up in 3 days, still don't think the traders are confident in the economic plan of Congress and BO.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
After the election and Obama's commission to lower the debt reports, all will be revealed. Cash is trash and the dollar is supported by hot air.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I think the stock market is up in anticipation of a Republican victory in Nov. I don’t know if it will go much higher. I think the market has already priced in the win for the GOP. I might be a little early, see what the market is doing the first of October. I think there is going to be a sell off after the election no matter which party wins. If the Repubs win both the house and senate the pros will be selling to take their profit on the recent run up, and if they don’t win I see an even bigger sell off.

The dollar falling helps the large US multinationals. Coke sells their products overseas, in Euro, Pounds, etc… Then when they bring those profits home they convert their Euros into a lot more cheap dollars, and makes the bottom line bigger.

·
Supporting Vendor
5,395 Posts
Gold is up because of preservation of capital. It will remain high as long as there is risk of a second Great Depression. The word depression is still being used almost daily.

Jim Skeel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.