Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I certainly don't need a new gun, but I want one. I don't know what brand and I don't have a firm price range. It will probably be a break-open model because I am not longer INTO picking up hulls.

It is the perfect season to get something I want and my wife agrees.

The rub is that The Grand seems to be the only place I can get a look at my options, handle them, and even shoot a few. That won't happen until next August and I've got the itch now. One possible solution is that I'll be traveling around Orlando the second week of December. Maybe something will force itself on me.

Just sayin'

Larry J. Frieders
Grandpa's Arms, Inc.
340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Call up Phil at Indiana Gun Club. Lots of guns, and you can shoot the used ones too. About 3.5 hrs. from Aurora.

Wayne

·
Registered
92 Posts
I agree....make a trip to Indiana Gun Club. You can take the used guns out and try them out. There are a lot of new and used guns to choose from. You will be glad you made the trip.

Gary

·
Registered
154 Posts
That is what I like about Sporting Clays shooters. All you have to do is mention you are looking for a new gun, and the gun rack at the 5 stand will fill up with all makes of guns. Just walk up and start trying them out. These folks are friendly, and want you to know what you are buying ahead of time. You might want to try it.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

The folks at our local trap club told me that you had to try them all before deciding what was best for you.

But it was nearly two years later before they told me that you did not have to buy them all in order to try them all.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ken1okie

HECK YEAH. Sometimes I can't see the forest because there are too many trees in the way. Thanks for opening my dimmed eyes on that approach. That removes a lot of the pressure to select "just the right gun".

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is "who cares" a statement about someone called "who" (similar to "larry cares")or is it a question about the topic of this simple thread?

Perhaps the original question is a dumb question about which nobody cares. If so, it would be a contradiction the old saw that "there are no dumb questions."

Punctuation is important. Without it, "Let's eat, Grandma" and "Let's eat Grandma" would mean the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts