Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please don’t misunderstand. Let me be clear. I am neither selling nor soliciting. I have a shooting acquaintance, can’t quite call him a close friend, who is offering me some Winchester Super Sport once fired hulls. $.11 for 20 ga and .15 for 28 ga. I don’t necessarily need a lot more hulls but a few might help me replenish some of my inventory. There will be no shipping involved, just a face to face transaction. I’ve not reloaded any of these hulls as my preference for 20 ga. is the old(er) compression formed hulls. For the 28 ga. I’ve had good luck with Remington Premier hulls. My supply of primers consists mostly of Winchester. I normally use Claybuster wads for all four gauges ( or three gauges and and one bore for the purists. )

Is $.11 and $.15 respectively a fair price ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
20 Ga AA at BPI .12 ea, more at Precision Reloading, no shipping cost.
Is someone selling cheaper locally?
Your choice.

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
Sort of premium price for not so premium hulls

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
It just so happens that those are AA's.
There isn't a finer 28ga hull made.
The 20ga AA's are great to, but there is one other 20ga hull that's also great.
The rest, I put in the trash,
MG

·
Registered
181 Posts
It just so happens that those are AA's.
There isn't a finer 28ga hull made.
The 20ga AA's are great to, but there is one other 20ga hull that's also great.
The rest, I put in the trash,
MG
Iam glad you think so .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
I bought 500 AAHS 28ga hulls - once fired - (never hit the ground) off of a buddy at a club for $50.
All the empty boxes came with the deal too...

·
Premium Member
5,738 Posts
20 Ga AA at BPI .12 ea, more at Precision Reloading, no shipping cost.
Is someone selling cheaper locally?
Your choice.
I would not equate what I would expect to pay for hulls in a private sale with the advertised price by a commercial vendor. 20 ga. is like 12 ga. where the difference between the cost of reloading and buying new is not as great as it is for 28 ga. This is why there is a market for 28 ga. hulls and virtually none for 20 ga. hulls.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Your opinion is not mine.
If you are in the market to buy, you look around for comparables.
If someone is offering the same goods cheaper, go with the bargain.
If this is just some opinion, with none for sale at that price, that's not helpful.
AA 20 gauge hulls sell readily around here.

·
Premium Member
8,282 Posts
If this is just some opinion, with none for sale at that price, that's not helpful.
The rules on TS.Com say that I can not offer you hulls for sale.
If I could they would be less than 1/2 of BPI. The going rate around here is $.05
for 20 ga. AA's.
MG

·
Premium Member
5,738 Posts
I would not say that hulls for sale by someone at your club and hulls for sale by a commercial vendor are "comparable." They are two completely different markets.

The advice here is take the 28s, leave the 20s.

·
Premium Member
5,738 Posts
As I understand it, the OP really isn't looking for hulls, they are coming to him and he wants to know whether the price is right. The answer is "yes" to one and "no" to another.

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Depends on how available the hulls are in your area. Some clubs and regions simply don't have shooters using premium shells. Good once fired hulls there will bring more.

I shoot at a club in Northern Tn where I have not seen one single STS 20 or 410 empty since they opened, almost two years ago. Every 28 ga STS hull I have brought home from that club was given to me by one friend I shoot with.

If you are at a club where a lot of premium small bores are shot and discarded, they will bring less.

At a club in Nashville, I find about 200 AA-HS hulls for every STS hull in 12 ga. Less than 100 410 or 28 STS hulls in a year. About the same in 20. Buckets and buckets of AA-HS hulls in all gauges.

We all love the way the STS hulls load, but I love the way AA-HS hulls last.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts