Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Sponsors a Reloaders for Youth Program
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the GoFundMe page: Click here to support Reloaders for youth trap shooters by Joe Kuhn

I thought I'd start a go fund me page because interested youth are starting to contact me about possible reloaders and I'm fresh out. Bartholow's have sent a donation via check which I really appreciate. The above page should make it super easy to donate.

Thanks,
Joe

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I know $1,000 is a big chuck, but why not shoot high? The target's rising. That would purchase quite a few used machines. Youth to get started are in no short supply.

If you would, go to my link and read through what I've written and give me some feedback. My son and I put it together, so it's somewhat of a collaboration from the start. He told me about the go fund me site. I thought, why not give it a try?

·
5,312 Posts
Walk the Walk, not just talk the talk... put your money where your mouth is... if 100 folks give $10, that's Joe's $1000.

Joe's got $10 from me... 99 more please...

·
Sleep...What’s That?
419 Posts
Just pushed it a little closer to the finish line...great cause!

Reactions: joe kuhn

·
5,312 Posts
Thanks for starting this off Jay.
Joe... I've got a supply of CF AA/STS 20 gauge hulls that are going nowhere fast... could I unload those on you, for the kids?

You'd be doing me a big favor...

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jay - I will get out to the club tomorrow night for the empties.

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buying machines, even well used machines, is going to eat up the donations pretty fast. So I'd like to get more machines donated and stretch the money for the parts to do the rebuilds. I'm thinking about going to our club newsletter for donors, or maybe a poster on the bulletin board. Here's my article for the newsletter:

Youth Reloader Program by Joe Kuhn

How it all started: Art J gave me an old used Mec Grabber one day and suggested I fix it up and get it working. So I did, but then I realized I didn't need the machine because I already have 2 Mecs, so I put it on trapshooters.com for a coach/parent to apply for on behalf of a young shooter. One thing let to another and I've done about 15 machines now and am looking for more. Once the machine is rebuilt it takes about a day to find a youth sponsor interested. The demand is much greater than the supply. Please contact Joe at (...) if you have a machine you're not using and would like to donate it to the cause. Here's a picture of two benefactors. (picture above)

The picture and this short article would make a good poster for the club bulletin board. Hm... Is anybody else interested in a poster?

·
5,312 Posts
Jay - I will get out to the club tomorrow night for the empties.
Joe, thanks for picking up those empties from me... it's not money for parts, but hopefully it will further support the young peoples efforts to reload... plus you helped me free up some space in my reloading room!

·
Registered
24 Posts
We could all post one of those up at our local clubs. Here's my son using his new MEC we received yesterday. Good timing, since tomorrow is his birthday!

And a few of his first shells after some minor adjustments.

·
11,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Nice! It's pictures like those that mean so much and keep the program rolling. Will pass this link onto the guys at Mec. They like seeing the pictures too.

Now on that crimp, raise the cam on the final station until the swirl disappears - if you want to get rid of it. If you raise the cam all the way and you still have some swirl, raise the pre-crimp a little. There might be a thin washer or two you can take out where it attaches to the machine. If not, there's a nickel sized washer on the inside you need to replace with something thinner. Raising crimp stations take shell material out of the crimp. The swirl comes from having too much of the case in the crimp.

Thanks for the great pictures.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts