Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks -

I was wondering if anyone could help me diagnose a problem with a GMV thrower...

When we first turned it on it wouldn't throw any birds when using the pull cord -
we let it warm up for a while, and it eventually started working, but only intermittently - maybe 7 out of every 10 tries. We did hear a buzzing sound whenever the button was pressed. We also know that we were using a good pull cord.

I tried replacing all three 24v relays - the relay in the back (furthest away from the switch and counter) still buzzed and no bird was thrown...

We had some 120v relays on hand - I swapped all three out w/ the 120vs and the machine threw birds constantly.

I then tried swapping out the chattering back relay w/ a 120v - two 24vs and one 120v

The machine threw on every pull, but the 120 back relay still buzzed...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--nhops

·
Registered
5 Posts
Have you downloaded and read through their manuals?
They have a trouble shooting section and an annual maintentance section

Has your rubber sear been replaced along with the backplate?

I've found their capacitors eventually to be a weak point.

Call the guys at Quality Replacement Parts
They sell parts and repair machines, they may have a clue.
They have the GMV manuals available for download too

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
you have to have a good 24 volts for that relay. ... either a loose wire or a weak transformer. You have to have good voltage and no loose wires and clutch wires and clutch settings

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forum. Just purchased a used GMV Superstar 755S. It has no where to plug a release cord into? Can anyone point me in the right direction on how to go about doing this?

·
Premium Member
12,909 Posts
A photo of the machine would help...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts