Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if its stuck push back the metal bar and the elevator will move freely - happens in cold weather sometimes

·
Premium Member
12,670 Posts
Don't trash the old one - not sure of your parts source, but Shydas takes the old ones, strips the rubber coating and re-coats them, then uses them as repar units.

You could send them your old one, have it re-covered and have a ready spare on hand.

David D

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I routinely re-dip ours in liquid neoprene, available at any hardware store. This is an item that is often overlooked when maintaining your GMV, and is one that is pretty important in preventing target breakage, especially when throwing doubles off these traps.... Just our experience... Dan Thome (Trap2)

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
That spring loaded bar that rides against the rear elevator is the worst POS design I have ever seen. The older Super stars did not have them at all and the newer ones routinely bounce out over the elevator locking both elevators down and causing broken birds when they drop all the way to the plate. What was this POS addition supposed to cure anybody know. My best guess is that they are supposed to stop the flex in the lift assembly and keep the wheel on the front of the assembly on the cam but I would think a flanged wheel would do as well without the added problems caused by the spring bar assembly.

--- Chip King ---

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.