Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 GMC Yukon that hasn't been running just right. It's not bad, just not right. I ran a diagnotic on it & I got a DTC, B-0229. I can't find what that indicates. I'm thinking plugged up Cat comverter, but I really don't feel like tearing the exhaust apart to verify. if the DTC will point out the problem. I'm looking for someone who knows anything about DTCs. I contacted the service dept at the dealer, but they wouldn't devulge any info. They want me to bring it in.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Well a B 0229 is a body control code for the recirculation actuator. This is part of the heating and air conditioning system. This code will mean jack shit to diagnosing a running bad concern. I would recommend scanning the correct system of the car, smoke test it for vacuum leaks and check fuel pressure. You need to be able to look at live data to see what the oxygen sensors are doing and such. Basically you don't have this equipment so unless you want to screw around for weeks replacing the wrong parts and getting false information, you will need to take it and have a technician look at it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
In my experience a cat that is plugged up will overheat and I have even seen them glow red. I would not think this would be your problem unless your have very high mileage.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Some auto parts stores will pull your trouble codes for free. Check around. Then tell me how many miles and engine size. That will help in the trouble shooting.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'm not a GM tech. I work for Toyota. Take it to your dealer. They have the tools to do the job right. Now what I would do is ask who is you best tech and have him or her work on your Yukon. It will save you time and money.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
just googled the code, hit the link above or cut and paste this

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?s=68971b194ff63e836231f3ba1f1c4985&showtopic=79008&st=0&p=608058&#entry608058

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Muzzleblast: one time you put the heater / air condition on recirc and it probably stuck so it set a body code.emm2 is dead on. check powertrain control module for codes and look at live data ,check fuel pressure, then smoke test for vaccum leaks. Depending on miles if convertor is plugged it could be warranty under emissions warranty.good luck. birdtracker

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Agree with Birdtracker, a 2005 should be covered under emissions warranty. I would take it to the dealer.

·
Molon Labe
11,981 Posts
That code could mean jack shit as the dampers and valves are driven by vacuum, and it sounds like you have a vacuum leak

·
Registered
314 Posts
Catpower, that code DOES mean JACK SHIT because if you know what you are talking about the recirc door on this vehicle is run by an electric actuator not vacuum. I will agree there may be a vacuum leak hence why I recommended a smoke test.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.