Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest method of removing the pads on Perazzis. Why do they not just use screws like all other makers?? Thank you...Ernie

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
As I remember, use some heavy fishing line as a hacksaw, working between the pad and the wood.....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I have used fishing line with great success.I first take a very thin rigid blade and start it between the pad and the stock on the toe end of the pad creating a very thin gap for the fishing line where there once was glue. Then insert the line in the gap and pull with two hands towards the heel. Worked for me with little effort and no damage to wood or pad. JRM

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
First thing you'll want to do is take an X-Acto knife and carefully scribe a line all the way around the pad where the black bakelite meets the wood. This helps to keep the finish from pulling off further up on the wood.

Next, try to get the scribe line deep enough that it is at the black bakelite.

I place the pad in a gun vice and "bend" the stock to increase this separation line. I use an eyedropper and drip lacquer thinner into the crack. They use a lacquer soluable contact cement.

Take your time and it will simply pull off with the aid of the thinner.

I have done many, many Perazzi stocks this way. The pad is also reuseable.

Whiz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.