Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made posts critical about some aspects of the Glock, particularly that they are designed for new ammo and jacketed bullets only (no reloads and no lead bullets). And I personally do not care for the safety setup.<br>
<br>
As for reliability, they've gotten better over the years. Glock has had "upgrade programs" to address various issues, like frame cracking, etc.<br>
<br>
Despite this, there is no denying they are reliable. So in the interest of fairness, check out the Glock torture test at the link.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
The only time my G19 goes bang is when I pull the trigger. The safety works fine for me :)

Acctually, my Glock has the same safety as all new S&W pistols.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I've had a number of years of being skeptical about the Glock but from '02 through '05, I had an assignment that had me packing an issued G 23 on a daily basis. There is a bit of learning curve with them but I had to admit it was certainly one of the most reliable and easy to maintain of any previous choice. With considerable self imposed training, I've been known to tote the 1911 around cocked and locked and had very little concern with the Glock safety set up....breakemall....Bob Dodd

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
I've owned a Glock 23C for quite a few years. I knew they were tough but his Glock test makes me glad I have mine for CC. Thanks Brian for a great article...Bill

·
Registered
523 Posts
Bill1949,

A glock is a great choice for carry but go out at night and shoot your c. The compensation is on the top and the flash will temporarily blind you for the second shot. I have competed in several night tactical shoots and have seen several folks change their mind on any compensated models after a couple rounds.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Glock bought in 1980. The frame cracked. Glock replaced the lower half but now the serial numbers do not match the top half.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.