Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Glock 43x couple weeks ago. I shot it on Saturday and put about 250 rounds in it. Went home and started cleaning it and I noticed my locking block is starting to show cooper? After only 250 rounds? Is this normal or should I buy a new locking block?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not seeing any chips?

The copper is the factory anti-seize the put on it.
so that’s the way it’s suppose to be? I just want to make sure that it’s not messed up. When I feel it with my figure nail its like the top coating is coming off.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I just pulled my 43 apart. It no longer has the anti-seize on the locking block, but still has some on the slide rails. The guns 3 or 4 years old and has probably only had about 250 rounds, too. The anti-seize is kinda dried up as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just pulled my 43 apart. It no longer has the anti-seize on the locking block, but still has some on the slide rails. The guns 3 or 4 years old and has probably only had about 250 rounds, too. The anti-seize is kinda dried up as well.
would you be able to take a picture and post it? Just so I can see how yours is?

·
Registered
440 Posts
A pic of the block?....Not much to see. I cleaned the gun in Biocircle parts washer a time or two. It took most ofthe anti-seize off. My block is now just covered with carbon from the gun being dirty

I believe if you use a toothbrush and some solvent the copper color will come off of yours as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A pic of the block?....Not much to see. I cleaned the gun in Biocircle parts washer a time or two. It took most ofthe anti-seize off. My block is now just covered with carbon from the gun being dirty

I believe if you use a toothbrush and some solvent the copper color will come off of yours as well.
isn’t the copper underneath the gray coating?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I believe you are seeing copper anti-seize that was put on the gun to keep parts from galling. Glocks come from the factory lubed with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe you are seeing copper anti-seize that was put on the gun to keep parts from galling. Glocks come from the factory lubed with it.
ok. Thanks man I Appreciate your help! I was kinda freaking out about it since I just bought the gun from bass pro shop about a week ago.

i got home and took another look at it I brushed it a little and noticed the copper is underneath the nickel here’s another picture to look at.

Attachments

·
Perazzi MX10RS
2,009 Posts
The block is nickle plated MIM steel. What your seeing the the copper under the nickle plating. Copper is an adhesion coating for the nickle. Glock's been using one or another plating process like this for many, many years. The loss of nickle plating is not an issue, don't worry about it. You will, at some point, also see it happen on the slide rails. Clean it, lube it and shoot the crap out of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The block is nickle plated MIM steel. What your seeing the the copper under the nickle plating. Copper is an adhesion coating for the nickle. Glock's been using one or another plating process like this for many, many years. The loss of nickle plating is not an issue, don't worry about it. You will, at some point, also see it happen on the slide rails. Clean it, lube it and shoot the crap out of it.
ok man thank you! Have you seen this before on Glocks? I was just worried because I only shot 250 rounds

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
ok man thank you! Have you seen this before on Glocks? I was just worried because I only shot 250 rounds
Just shoot the damn thing.

FYI: Trying to get (50) posts all on the same thread is a bad idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts