Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our next Sunday ATA Shoot will be June 7th. We have thrown in $100 of additional added money. For those trying to do the math, if you have a "Great Day" and run each event, you can collect $700 in Bounties (no additional cost). Plus a piece of the added money, and who knows how much in options. Not that I want to pay out the Bounties, but they are there for the taking.
2015 06 07 ATA Shoot Program.jpg

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With the rain still coming down hard, we cancelled the shoot around 11:45. The guys were getting antsy, and started scratching. Next shoot will be July 19. But every Wednesday we offer the Big 50.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It's a little more complicated. But shooters would rather not leave the house if there is a threat of inclement weather. In the old days, we didn't care. I noticed the St. Charles shoot was cancelled due to weather. Their post stated that unless the shooters had optimum shooting conditions, they would cancel. But I get to see the results of the other 23 clubs in Indiana that have registered shoots. We are not alone in low turnouts.

By the way, we had two squads to start. One by one they started to scratch. The best estimate for clearing up was 1 pm or later, and no one wanted to wait.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Well Bill, you know our shooter base is getting older, some have passed away and many of us have reached the stage where we can't shoot 300 targets, especially in a 5 hour window.
I think our best option is what we talked-about Saturday, adapting the Big 50 to our Sunday ATA shoots.
Our guys are too old, we don't have enough younger shooters coming up to make a 300 target program work.IMO.

Your thoughts?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts