Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Attention Glen Park Trapshooters:

I am sure all of you have been reading about how dangerously cold it is out there. There have been road closures, warnings to stay off the roads, and overall lousy & dangerous conditions outdoors. Wednesday the high will be 15 and a low of 11 (with a wind chill that feels even colder), and a 20% chance of more snow. It could be a safety issue if a handful try to come out.

As a result, we have decided NOT to open the trap range Wednesday, January 8th. This means the member lounge will be closed also.

This means that the ATA Big 50 is canceled for the 8th, but the next scheduled Big 50 will be on the 22nd. We will have a regular Sunday ATA shoot on January 19th (check our website for details: www.glenparkiw.org). It appears the weather will start to let up toward the end of the week, with Saturday reaching 38 degrees.

If there is a break in the weather, we will try to plow the lots for the benefit of the pistol shooters, weather permitting. The indoor range is not affected, but please be careful when entering the property.

Everyone stay safe & warm.

Glen Park Izaak Walton
Bill Radwan
Trap Manager

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, getting a little better with a few more hits. Better not see anyone out there tomorrow night. Save yourselves for Saturday.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. I think I got to everyone. We do have at least 4 shovels near the door. But I am hoping "my people" will get there before Saturday to shovel and stack some wood.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am hoping my people will magically appear. I know that Damon & Drake will be on the snow plow, Steve will crank up the snowblower, and Paul will clean the traps. And if we need some last minute cleanup on Saturday, I know I can rely on Mackenzie, Samantha & Pamela. It may cost me a few extra donuts but well worth it.

Of course I could come to the club early Saturday and find out that "my people" were in my dreams.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was NOT dreaming. Apparently "we" have people. The guys worked tirelessly tonight to get the lots plowed, and the trap lanes cleaned off. Thanks to Bill Mager, Steve King, John Kemp and Damon Theis. Somebody is getting extra donuts Saturday.
williammr_2008_0303228.jpg

williammr_2008_0303229.jpg

williammr_2008_0303230.jpg

williammr_2008_0303231.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts