Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imagine some of our guys are stuck indoors for a while. Good time to mark your calendar for Jan. 19th, our next regular Sunday ATA shoot. Temperature should be about 40. This will be TARGETS ONLY, no added money and no options. The kitchen will NOT be open, so everything happens at the trap house. We will be there 8:30 to get it warmed up and start the coffee. We will start squadding and registration around 9 am. Shooting starts at 10 am. Check out the program above for details.

Bill Radwan

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Traps were cleaned, fireplace roaring, scorers with pencils in hand, classifier & cashier at the ready. Only one thing missing. Shooters. Since none showed up, this shoot is canceled.

·
Registered
976 Posts
WOW hard to believe..I thought some shooters were pre registered to shoot Sunday.I guess they were protecting there average.Maybe you need to get better food..Maybe free donuts will help..Maybe more meat in the chili..It was a trying day.Janurary is a tough sell for targets..Only the diehard shooters show up.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No doubt about it. January & February Sunday ATA shoots are a real crapshoot. We have had good weather in prior years. No way to predict this cold snap we are having.

We did upgrade from donuts to Danish pastries without the desired results. We had two guys presquad. But once that sun came out, and the temperature never got above 16 degrees, they bailed, which left us with one shooter willing to shoot. We'll try again in February.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts