Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! For those who don’t know me my name is Chase Horton. I love shooting trap and have for many years with much success.. ie 4 time all American, Grand American HOA champion, state teams etc..
Let’s not talk about the achievements, but how I got there. I was coached and helped by so many great people in the shooting world who took my game to the next level, I can’t thank them enough for their patience with me. I worked hard to be where I am today and would like to pay it back to the Trapshooting community. That being said I will be at the Ohio State shoot this week starting Monday. If you need any help with shooting or you want to have your kids get some help DM me on Facebook or here (I’ll try and check this daily in the AM) and we can work something out. Even if you want to sit down and talk for a bit let me know! This Sport and community are incredible and I want to preserve what we have so please don’t be shy. God bless!
-Chase Horton

Krieghoff Prostaff shooter Donald Schaffer said he’d also help me out and provide some lessons with me at the Ohio State shoot as well! Thanks Don!

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,756 Posts
Very nice offer, Chase! You make me want to take more vacation time and attend the Ohio State Shoot, now that we’re done here in Pennsylvania.... I’d love to have a chat with you about Handicap. I’ll see you at the Grand.....

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Very great thing of you to do.
I am sitting in the campground now looking over field 7 wish the birds were flying:)

·
Read Only
129 Posts
Very nice . . shooters helping shooters. I remember when I started shooting Trap . . a little help goes a long way and makes things so much easier and fun. Great idea Chase.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Atta Boy ! You are following the example of Foster and Matt Barthalow.
Our sport needs more shooters like you guys. IMHO your generosity of giving back your time says more than any trophy.
Shoot well. Come into the Federal trailer at the Grand, would love to visit with you.
Karla Harrison

·
Registered
76 Posts
Very generous of you to offer some of your time like that. I’m sure those who can make it will really appreciate it!

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
That's a very nice thing to do for the sport and shooters in general. Lets face it, it's good all the way around. Ya know, you don't have to be a Hall of Famer to be an ambassador for the sport. Most people would laugh at my trap scores, but when someone comes to our club, weather they are first timers to a shotgun or want to learn the game and etiquette, being friendly and helpful casts us all in a good light. Maybe you'll even enjoy a new friendship.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Hey Chase, I'll be in the Federal store at Linn Creek during the Grand.
If you get the time, could you come by?
I'd like to talk with you.
Karla Harrison

·
Registered
292 Posts
Very nice gesture Chase!

I can tell you guys after shooting a couple posts down from this young man at the Kansas State shoot, he can offer a lot to anyone wanting help! My wife swears he was skipping shot off the trap house he was smoking targets so quickly!

Hope to run across you again soon Chase! Next time I'll try to hold my own in the singles!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts