Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m just about to start using Giuliani Perazzi style springs on my Perazzi standard pull bottom first group.
Question: My trigger is set at 3# and 3.5 #. I’ve read somewhere on here that using Giuliani springs will change your trigger pull weight because the Giuliani tension sort of speak is 2kg heavier than the Perazzi’s. I understand that might have a bearing on the lockup time (prob. just milliseconds) but the trigger pull weight too? Is that true? How come? I don’t know much about gunsmithing.

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
If your gun is set up and working like you want it too. Why would you change a part that might change your set up i.e. trigger pull?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If your gun is set up and working like you want it too. Why would you change a part that might change your set up i.e. trigger pull?
It’s my understanding the Giuliani’s are way more durable plus they’re also slightly cheaper.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve read many comments here over the years from people claiming they’re more durable. Probably at least a dozen different people. Regarding the price I’ve checked Don’s website, Giacomo’s website and SW supplies or whatever his name is and that seems to be the case:
Standard Giuliani $45
Perazzi $53
Universal Giuliani $59

·
Banned
8,596 Posts
I’ve read many comments here over the years from people claiming they’re more durable. Probably at least a dozen different people. Regarding the price I’ve checked Don’s website, Giacomo’s website and SW supplies or whatever his name is and that seems to be the case:
Standard Giuliani $45
Perazzi $53
Universal Giuliani $59
Well then, you should try them should try some. I'm sure they'll be fine.
MG

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
So to save a couple of dollars per spring you are going to risk changing the way your gun shoots and feels. The hammer springs are a disposable part that do break. Even if the off brand springs (go ahead and flame away) do last longer, how much longer?So over the shooting life of your gun you are going to save how much?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So to save a couple of dollars per spring you are going to risk changing the way your gun shoots and feels. The hammer springs are a disposable part that do break. Even if the off brand springs (go ahead and flame away) do last longer, how much longer?So over the shooting life of your gun you are going to save how much?
You’re right. I’ve been thinking about buying an spare Giuliani group and keep using my Perazzi springs on my Perazzi group. I’ve been messaging back and forth with Don over the last hour, and by the way he answered my technical question. The Giuliani springs are built with a force 10% bigger than Perazzi’s , but because of the way the Perazzi group is engineered, the bulk of the pull is not dependent upon the spring force. In other words, the pull would change a small fraction of 10% which wouldn’t be even noticeable in terms of feel even though mathematically measurable. If the pull is 3#, the new pull with the Giulianis would be perhaps 3.1 or 3.2. That was just my math based upon his rationale, he didn’t bring up specific numbers.

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Been using Giuliani universal hammer springs for about six years. I have had one break in that time.

When the “system” was installed I had all my triggers (pull/pull) set to 3- 31/2 by the same gunsmith at the same time.

If there was an increase in lock time, I couldn’t perceive any.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts