Trapshooters Forum banner

Getting more cast off on a Beretta 303

1818 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  claybrdr
I need to get more cast off on my Beretta 303 (12 gauge)...the current stock drop spacers don’t allow for cast off adjustment.

the stock is very highly figured, so getting an adjustable comb installed is not an option...

does Anyone do this custom stock plate type of work to allow for cast off on a Beretta 303?

P.S. already tried TRON, and he no longer does this...
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
6,205 Posts
First, why is an adjustable comb not an option? Regardless of the wood's figure, an adjustable comb is not something that many folks - if any - consider unattractive on a target shotgun; most serious shooters consider it more of a necessity. After all, a shotgun without some means of adjusting the shooter's eye placement is no different than a rifle without an adjustable rear sight. But you asked for suggestions so how about having the stock bent? I had a highly-figured Beretta 687 stock bent by Allem's Guncraft in Zionsville, Pennsylvania and it made me able to center targets without having the adjustable comb moved all the way right, which made the stock more comfortable to shoot. More cast is easily obtained that way and the person doing the work can tell you how much cast you can gain when he sees how the grain runs in your stock.

Ed

· Registered
419 Posts
Beretta 303 Stock drop washers don't leave a lot of room for moving the recoil spring tube over to provide more cast, and 303 stocks are pretty thin on that side also. I don't think you have a lot of options.
Adjustable comb may be the way to go.

· Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply’s...but it looks like my options are pretty limited.

I really don’t like the adjustable comb option, as it’s uncomfortable to my jaw-line when I press my cheek into the comb and pull the trigger. The gun recoil coupled with the “ledge” of the adjustable comb against my upper jaw-line is something I can’t get past...just not to my liking.

I will check with Allem’s..but I fear that the thinness of the hollow stock may preclude that procedure....there is just not enough wood thickness to prevent unwanted cracking from occurring.

· Premium Member
1,796 Posts
I had a 303 stock modified to add additional cast as you seek. Unfortunately, the gentleman who did this for me is no longer with us. I would suggest reaching out to TRON and asking if he could help you with your particular situation. Good luck and good shooting, Rey

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.