Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen several posts about getting surface rust off. To this point, I agreed that when it showed up it was too late. I was cleaning up my loading room today and found a squeeze tube of "Blue Wonder" Gun Cleaner. It says it will remove surface rust without damage to the bluing. HA!!
I also saw a post several days ago saying to use copper wool but it was hard to find. Last week I was grocery shopping and found a copper scrub pad for $1.00 CHORE BOY www.choreboyscrubbers.com.
I have a 20ga barrel that has light rust in several places;thought what the heck. Darn stuff works wonders! Never seen anything like it. I have no idea where the Blue Wonder came from or how old it is or if they are still in business but it says www.novumsolutions.com on the tube.
Squirted a little on, gave it a quick rub with the copper pad and it looks like new. Followed with some gun oil. I just had to share this.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Choreboy does a good job at removing lead our of a pistol barrel rifling as well. When shooting lead bullets there is a tendency for lead build up in the barrel. Wrap a little of this around a brass cleaning brush and run it up and down the barrel. You will be amazed at what comes our with ease.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it is not like Flitz. Blue Wonder is a liquid. Flitz leaves a grey look if looked at just right and requires a polishing action. Blue Wonder has an ammonia smell and is white. I have used Flitz too and while it does do as advertised, I don't think it is the same league as this stuff.

·
Registered
679 Posts
That little copper pad wrapped on a cleaning brush with a little Kroil - deadly on removing lead. You can throw away all the other 'stuff'..........Pete

1 - 8 of 8 Posts