Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the escalating price of gasoline,will you travel less & stay closer to home for the bulk of your registered shooting ? Clyde D

·
Registered
796 Posts
Clyde,

I think in my case it will effect my travel some.I will have to pick a couple prime shoots to visit.

Sandy Holehouse

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the price of lead is going to hurt trapshooters more in the pocket.I see at my club people are shooting less rounds.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree it will be easy to car pool with friends and still shoot as far as the driving but the cost of reloading components esp shot is really not only going to hurt the amount of shooting, but the small and medium size clubs who will then prob have to raise the rates to shoot, just an ongoing chain with a no win in site.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Only been shooting and reloading a year now.Didn't make many registered shoots last year.Readjusing budget(retired)giving up some of my Bass tournaments,but darn economy seems to be eating away at my expenditures quicker than I can adjust budget.Will try to make same as I did last year,way things are going that's a plus.

Doug H.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
I'm with "shot410ga" on this one. The rising lead prices affect everyone shooting more than gas prices. Most can find places to shoot without large travel expenses but few can avoid the results of the rising lead prices. JMO though.

Matt

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I probably will shoot a lot less this year, but it has little to do with economics. First, my young dog is coming along well, so I probably will be going to retriever field trials and hunt tests with him instead of going to trap shoots. Second, the politics in my local club and state have become unpleasant, and at this stage in my life, I don't need it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.