Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,230 Posts
Buckle-up, fellow Americans. In the not too distant future we are going to WISH we could get back to anywhere near the prices we're paying right now. And that doesn't just apply to gas. What our irresponsible government has done will come with a heavy price and we are the ones who will pay it. At the very least it will extend the recession (as it already has) and cause survivable price increases. At the worst it will cause debilitating inflation, stagflation or outright collapse of the financial system. In any case, do your family a favor and make decisons now that will help you deal with what's coming.

-Gary

·
Registered
752 Posts
The fact that the value of the dollar is dropping might just have something to do with it but blaming it on evil and greed is so much more fun.

·
Registered
321 Posts
It's likely stagflation has already begun. One of the signs is that commodity price increases are outpacing growth in the economy, such as it is.

Another thing to be worried about: the Fed just did a second round of "quantitative easing", or QE2 as the Wall Street Journal calls it. Bernanke thinks the biggest threat is deflation right now, so he's deliberately causing inflation. Says some "controlled" inflation is necessary. Right.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Oil is priced in dollars, and the Fed just said they are going to print another 600 BILLION of em. So it is going to take more dollars to buy a barrel.

Uncle Ben Bernanke practices the philosophy of it is better to do something wrong than to do nothing. My predication is - he is wrong.

Some people say the real estate bubble that burst was the start of this recession, but if you ask me the real start to this recession was $4 a gallon gasoline.

An ole Ben and Barry Obama want to head back to $4 a gallon gas. WTH???

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Go to Lowes, drop a paint can, bend over to clean it up and read the thread at the link above. Gummint screws subjects everytime! Do you really think Washington cares that the gas prices are out of control? They will when they start getting fired because of the economy, commodity prices, and JOBS! Two Senators are in trouble next election. I have emails from them regarding their lack of concern for the urgency of fixing the economy first. If you Vote in VA, the incumbent Senators need to go.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I've read about prices going up, but they have not here yet. We left for Boulder CO last Thursday (Nov 4). Regular unleaded gas in Pocatello was $2.87. We filled up at the Pilot in Laramie for $2.49. Gas around the Boulder/Denver area was about $2.60 or slightly lower, with one station in Fort Collins selling E85 for $2.38. We returned home on Wednesday, filling up at the Pilot in Laramie for $2.47, and when we arrived home in Pocatello that evening it was $2.85. It was still $2.85 yesterday. I did not drive by a gas station today so it could have changed.

·
Registered
911 Posts
diesel is $3.49 here in Ojai CA up .20 is 2 weeks, as opposed to $3.19 in Las Vegas thursday. Deval of dollar is at the core of this particular price hike.

They still haven't got the message have they? I don't expect the next bunch to get it either.

Randy

·
Registered
291 Posts
Let's see now. Some idiot in the white house doctored a scientific recommendation on drilling in the gulf so some other idiot who lives in the white house could justify banning drilling there. Idiot number 2 also gave $2 billion in loans to a Brazilian company so they could drill in deep water (presumably their deep water is safer than ours??). Now idiot number 2's defacto campaign financier, George Soros, happens to own a large interest in said Brazilian company so at least some of the money should come back to the US in the form of democratic political ads in about mid-2012 unlike the drilling rigs which will stay in Brazilian waters for many years.

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
Where is the media outrage...???!!! Why no Congressional investigations..??!!
Last time gas headed towards 4.00, all we heard was "Bush is in bed with BIG OIL.."..!!
Before too long...you will look back LONGINGLY at 4.00 gas as "the good old days".

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Here in Central Ohio prices have been hovering around 3.00 for better than a month.

Yesterday (Sat) it was as low as 2.84. When that happens prices usually rise about .20 to .25 the following week.

If your travelling Thanks. day 3.00 + is probably going to be a reality.

I heard the dollar de-value along with a refinery fire somewhere in the Midwest.

Just what the economy needs, 4.00 gas.

Regards....Gerald

·
Registered
742 Posts
I hate threads like this. All the "big oil consipriacy" nuts come out of the woodwork. How do these guys explain the fall of oil prices, or anything commodity-related for that matter? And if there's this fine tuned conspiracy and some company is making obscene profits, why don't they brag about how much they are making on their stock?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.