Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to play with one of these at the AIM. I liked it. One of our coaches bought one. I’m looking for feed back!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I got to play with one of these at the AIM. I liked it. One of our coaches bought one. I’m looking for feed back!
It is a great tool. Our youth team owns two of them. There is tons of information to be garnered from them especially if you download the data to a laptop or pc for analysis. The graphic displays make it easy for even the novice shooters to see where the shot went in relation to the target. It is most useful when a shooter misses a target and shooter and coach alike have no idea where the shot string went.
I have even used it this past week in conjunction with Phil Kiner's new video to diagnose a cross firing issue with one of our coaches. Without the Garmin, this would have been extremely difficult if not impossible.

·
Registered
201 Posts
We recently purchased one for our kids to use. It's very helpful knowing exactly where the kid is shooting. We have been able to increase scores by up to 5 clays on a round for our new shooters. Shooters who struggle like the unit because they can visually see on the screen what is going on. Once the gun is setup and the shooter is consistent, they really don't need it anymore unless they hit a slump.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have one but haven’t been able to use it with the kids too much due to last years’s abbreviated season.

It’s definitely helpful to be able to get a good read on where the shot goes. The challenge for the coach is to figure out why it went there (if it didn’t hit the clay) and how to fix it.

More experienced kids can often take care of the problem themselves once they see where they are shooting. New shooters typically need more input about how to hone the techniques and shoot consistently.

Overall I think it’s a wonderful tool.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My son was having a struggle getting to 25, until he got behind the Garmin. He was instantly shown where his shot string was against the clay. Within a couple rounds after using it, he broke the curse. Our team has access to one of the units from a gun club member, we've been able to get several young shooters shooting alot better! Our team is toying with buying one for the following season.

·
Registered
20,886 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
We did a couple raffles with our team and ended up getting one for each station on one trap. It has been a great help with the kids.They learn quickly what they are doing wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts