Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were wrong to cancel our weekend shoot!.

Based on the weather forcast we were to have had strong wind and low temperatures with a substantial probablity of rain. Very poor Arizonia shooting conditions. We waited until Friday morning 1000 hours to make the decision.

Saturday came: The sky was a beautiful blue with no clouds. The winds was barely perceptable, we had no hint of rain. It was cold.

Sunday was simimlar. It was even colder.

We apologize to all who showed and those who thought about it.

We really screwed up on this decision.

Some good did come from the effort. See the thread called Garden Canyon Trap Evaluation.

Rod Ritter

·
Registered
11,024 Posts
Remember when it comes to listening to the weather man. "Just take a look out of the window and you will know as much as they do." HMB

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On Friday, part of the input was a look outside at the weather. It was a bit warmner than Saturday, but far windier, and overcast with occassional rain.

Rod

·
Banned
2,758 Posts
I don't know of many other jobs except POTUS that can be wrong 1/2 the time and still get paid every week.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I ran a charter boat on Lake Michigan for a couple decades. My, and most experienced captains, rule was, never change your plans based on a forecasted change because that change so often never comes. Only change your plans when the forecast is for a continuation of bad weather that already is here.

Regards,

Chip

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Rod,

Some of my best shooting in the last couple of years has been in BAD weather,

I have shot some fair weather scores in the wind and rain.

Al

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
I can predict the weather here with 100% accuracy:

It's either raining or it's not.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
My dad has a hundred or so weather bones,

he can tell when the weather is changing...........

changing to what

now that is a guess

Al

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts
Rod Ritter has been running shoots for over 20 years on the Fort (not that easy). His personal target count is 300,000 plus. There is no need for any problems from a miss-called weather forecast! I will be ready for the next shoot. Mike McNeeley

1 - 12 of 12 Posts