Trapshooters Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
On recent English youtube videos I watched, it would appear that they are leaning towards felt wads over plastic, in an effort to reduce plastic wad litter
Organised game shoots in the UK frequently require participants to use fibre or felt wadded ammunition as opposed to ammunition loaded with plastic wads on environmental grounds. The same goes for some, but not all, clubs that hold sporting clays events. To date I've personally not taken part in any trapshooting events where there's been a stipulation on the wadding that can be used, but I suppose it's only a matter of time as the anti-plastic movement gains traction. We'll be back to using shells loaded 'the old way' before we know it.

Your avatar showing a box of CIL shells brings back many happy memories!

Over the last few years I have shot some of the fiber wadded shells at a couple of grounds in the UK. They hit targets well, but seem a little more snappy in recoil as opposed to the plastic wadded shells from the same maker. I did find one brand left a residue in the barrels of my Browning 325 that was hard to remove, have not had problems with another brand.
I have shot some fiber game loads and could not tell the difference between plastic and fiber in the way they kill game.
Devonian.

Looks like KL ammo is $70.75 for the Evo, $83.75 for the White Gold and $92.40 for the Dark Storm. Volume discounts if you purchase in quantity and also a cash discount.

My question would be, how are these any better than say a 1250 fps or 1290 fps AA shell?
I've shot them at sporting US Nationals and they are a quality shell but no better and maybe not quite as good as the AA, STS, or even Aguila but even so, they are good enough for you not to lose a tournament by using them.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.