Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three months ago, I had rotator cuff repair which the surgeon (who does about 20 per week) said was in the top three worst he had seen in the past five years. All tendons had completely torn away from the shoulder bone and retracted into the arm. He reconnected all tendons except the biceps, using nine anchors instead of the usual three.
To make matters worse, the shoulder bone was osteopenic (soft causing the screw anchors to give way when he counter-sunk them).
Research on this site and others lead me to Mike Gregory and G Squared in Post Falls, Idaho because I knew I would need help handling recoil on my new Perazzi High Tech 2020 RS.
I called the number on his web site. The phone was busy. He called back within the hour, even though I had not left a message.
To shorten the story, Mike produced a beautifully modified Perazzi stock with the best craftsmanship imaginable. (Unfortunately, I am long of tooth and cannot post photos. I wish I could show you.)
Mike has been doing this for more than two decades. His father invented the system--recoil resistance of about 100 psi in an air cylinder with about 1 inch movement of the stock under the comb fixed to the recoil pad. This is hard to understand and a better explanation is found at the G-Squared web site.
Back to the shoulder--I have almost completed physical therapy and both the doctor and therapist say that full recovery is just around the corner. Unknown to them, I have tried my new stock with a few shots at the local trap club. It is amazing. Hardly any recoil. If asked to put a number on it, I would say it mitigates recoil by about 50%. My buds have tried it extensively. They agree.
So, thanks to Mike Gregory, I will be back on the line for registered shoots this Fall.
Charlie Boggs

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
If you don't want to listen to your Doc. Maybe better to start practicing with your other arm. It doesn't sound like you need to push it so soon with that arm. If your bones are in that bad of shape. Maybe you need to take up fishing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts