Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Before and after the election the demand for "defensive" ammo, 556, 762x51, 9mm and buckshot, was big. Everyone was in "civil war/urban unrest mode. Now that the hoarders have enough to fiend of the the impending attack from our over imposing and renegade government, those calibers are on the shelves. Not to discount the fact that Mrs. Hoarder is starting to say "there's 100K of 556 in the basement, do you think we could buy new couch now?"

Some standard calibers were never out of production. Things like 16, 20 and 410 were still being produced. Most of the 12 gauge production switched to buckshot and slugs. Now that those are around, we'll probably start seeing more target and light bird shells. The same thing happened after Obama was elected. It will take a while for the costs to go down if costs come down at all. Shipping and commodity prices are at a high. The government is paying unemployment for no reason and the middleman is gouging all he can.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Looks like a huge store with lots of room for more items.
Maybe since the cost of hunting loads has gotten so high hunters will be more careful to make killing shots.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like a huge store with lots of room for more items.
Maybe since the cost of hunting loads has gotten so high hunters will be more careful to make killing shots.
It’s Fleet Farm. They have been getting tons of ammo in. Lots of rifle and pistol ammo, but I got a kick out of the selection of shotgun shells today.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Before and after the election the demand for "defensive" ammo, 556, 762x51, 9mm and buckshot, was big. Everyone was in "civil war/urban unrest mode. Now that the hoarders have enough to fiend of the the impending attack from our over imposing and renegade government, those calibers are on the shelves. Not to discount the fact that Mrs. Hoarder is starting to say "there's 100K of 556 in the basement, do you think we could buy new couch now?"

Some standard calibers were never out of production. Things like 16, 20 and 410 were still being produced. Most of the 12 gauge production switched to buckshot and slugs. Now that those are around, we'll probably start seeing more target and light bird shells. The same thing happened after Obama was elected. It will take a while for the costs to go down if costs come down at all. Shipping and commodity prices are at a high. The government is paying unemployment for no reason and the middleman is gouging all he can.
When they have trap loads, the prices aren’t actually all that bad. And they get them in, it’s been good to see you.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would actually consider them for a pheasant hunting, but not in 7 1/2 shot. I can’t honestly think to use for that particular shell which is why I think it’s funny.
There was a guy at Federal sitting in a board room saying, “I’ll bet you $100 they’ll even buy this now.”

·
Registered
136 Posts
Was at a farm store here yesterday they had ammo on TWO shelves. Mostly FMJ 223, 9mm and 40 s&w. A little 308 and assorted rim fire on one. A couple dozen 20g top guns for 8.99 a box some 12g 8 shot from some company called bio ammo never heard of them before. Then a bunch of flats of buck and slugs on the other shelf. Most Ammo I’ve seen in one place in over a year.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
We have a farm store, Orchelns that part of their pre Black Friday sale which started Tuesday included Aguila 22's. The round count was 250 per box and both solids and hollow points. Limit 2 boxes of each and price was $14.99. What was surprising to me was at that price, they still had alot late Wednesday afternoon. They also had 20ga ST's for $9.99, buckshot, 5.56 and 9mm. All but the 20ga stuff has been on the shelf for several days. Don't remember specific price but not totally outlandish.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
Local Walmart has aisle endcaps full of steel hunting ammo, random target loads showing up behind counter, some reloading components, and behind the counter, the rack is full of long guns!

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Buckshot works on Yotes also.

I know a guy that would buy those 16 ga. Not a bad price considering the circumstances.

Those Upland would work on planted birds. Wild birds, not as much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts