Trapshooters Forum banner

Fun shoot ideas

847 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  wilsonh101
Looking for ideas to put on a fun shoot. With covid going on this spring we won't be doing a dinner and auction fundraiser for our youth team. We still plan to do a raffle as our main fundraiser but the dinner and auction was also a great way to help out and bring the team and community together before the season. In its place I am hoping to be able to attact enough to come out and enjoy a fun shoot. What ideas does everyone have to be able to entice a crowd and allow everyone to have a fun time. I have thought of having a turkey/gift card shoot. Or playing annie which is a weekly order with the normal club crowd.
Reactions: Island Patches
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Regardless of shoot format you need splatter boards for non shooting participants.

Have novice shoots for hunter types and/or kids.

Have lady only shoots if enough are in attendance.

Have subguage shoots.

Have door prizes.

Have silent auction.

Have prizes with buckets infront of each. Sell tickets for whatever you choose in dollar amount (such as $1 apiece/6 for $5/15 for$10,etc). One that is popular hear is a stretch (persons ability to have end ticket in one hand and however wide they can get other arm they get that amount) for say $20 or $25.

You could still have an outdoor live auction.

· Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Also add a colored target (you can paint them or get a box of green or black if normally throwing orange) to every round. If shooter that gets it thrown breaks the target, he gets a prize. Also could put everyone who broke one into a shoot off for a nice price.

· Registered
1,296 Posts
When I used to shoot in the fun shoots that the oilmen's had we used to do a sliding shoot, start on the 16 yard line and everyone takes 1 shot, then you slide to the 18 and take 1 shot, then the 20, then the 22, then the 24, then you change positions like normal and start to slide back up and so on until you complete the full round of 25, just a thought, we always had some fun with it.

· Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The odd color target is a good one that we always do at big annie shoots, normally 5 bucks in if you want a chance, if it's missed everyone that wants in again adds another 5 bucks to make the pot bigger

· Registered
151 Posts
I shoot primarily skeet. We have breakfast shoots about 4 X a year, except last year. Your paired with someone, each shoot 50 rounds, 25 trap, 25 skeet. Hi gun team wins & you get your pictur taken with a funny trophy that has a bunch of labels on about why you missed, sun in my eyes, bad pull, to windy ECT. & posted in the club house till next shoot. Thrown into the mix of birds are green birds & homemade "puff" birds. Regular targets with domes filled with string line chalk & taped. If you get a green or puff bird you get either a new $ 2.00 bill or a skeet/Trap ticket.
Sometime we shoot the skeet round backwards, ending at Station 1.
All good fun, defiantly good ribbing & some ball busting.
For $ 15.00 you get breakfast, give always and the prizes listed above
Always fills up, club makes a few bucks and encourage participation.
My grandson shot it the last 1 in November. For me it's not the score I want him to like shoot as I do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.