Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All-
I recently bought some cases (4 boxes each - red boxes) at Walmart 12ga, 1 1/8, 7 1/2 shells. However I am getting 1 out of 100 FTF. Furthermore, it fails to fire from either barrel no matter how many times I tried to fired it. But, it will fire on someone else's shotgun (I tried Beretta, BT99 and Ljutic). This is a relative new gun (only 1100 rounds).

Should I have the firing pin replaced? I looked at them under a magnifying glass and I see some lines on the bottom barrel firing pin but it has ONLY happened with this ammo. I shot Monarch, Challenger, Winchester, Clever, Kaem (sp), and did not have an issue.

Thanks

jP

·
Registered
74 Posts
My son and I have used Walmart federal shells for practice for four years now probably 2000 to 3000 rounds apiece and have never had a failure to fire.
What do the the primers look like do they have a deep indent from the firing pin or is it shallow from a light strike. I have heard that some of the primers are harder on the federals but have not personally had any trouble with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The strike looks light, but the thing is it will not go off from the top barrel either. And, after multiple strikes they still look like light strikes. Could it be that the primer is seated too deep for the Browning?

jP

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
A long time ago, a duck climbed onto my pillow and whispered in my ear-"Don't use Federal shells" and except for the old Gold Medal papers, I listened to him. The one time I forgot and bought the promo "field & target" ones, one stuck in my 870 and I ripped my finger open mortaring it out. I'd give them to someone who's gun will fire them and buy good shells-Win. AA, or Remington STS or Nitro 27's. If you don't reload, ask around the club, someone will become your new best friend when you give them those hulls.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The strike looks light, but the thing is it will not go off from the top barrel either. And, after multiple strikes they still look like light strikes. Could it be that the primer is seated too deep for the Browning?

jP
What do the primers look like on the ones that fired if those look
light also it could be weak hammer springs if not it could be a batch of hard primers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts