Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a new mainspring for a Western Trap V1524A,B,&C, Part number on box is XU40W,
make me an offer. signon @gmail.com

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Red and Blue, Quiet a bit of difference, reddish - bluish,, color of your finger when smashed,, will be red , then in a few days, blue , then a slow transition to black before it falls off. I could not resist that one. :eek:)

·
Registered
14,541 Posts
one is an international spring (I think the blue one but I don't recall for sure), more throwing power. You can throw regular skeet targets with an international spring, but not vice versa, and i believe the international springs were a little more durable.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Redish (metal primer color) was the standard Western/Winchester. Black was their International and had a larger I.D.

I believe blue springs were made by QRP, not WW.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
Sorry Neil but you are wrong. The red spring is the international and the blue was standard skeet. I took care of 24 winchester traps for 15 years. Jeff

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
I stand by what I said. We just bought the coils, took the assembly apart and replaced the coil and rebushed as needed. About 6 years ago was the last time we bought coils and they alone were almost $60 dollars , Now we have Laporte's and Super stars. I personally opened the crate on a new 1574 Skeet machine years ago and it had the small spring and standard arm. Jeff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.