Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS/T Krieghoff Hubertus Stalking Rifle 30/06
I'm struggling with this decision but truthfully its a safe queen and I'd rather use the money to fund another firearms project or trade it for something I'll use. Ive got a pretty rare Krieghoff Hubertus Stalking Rifle chambered in good ol 30/06. This is the standard steel framed blued model with a European Walnut Monte Carlo stock. It weighs in at just under 7 pounds, has a 23.5" barrel and utilizes a unique manual cocking device which is located on the top tang, in the position usually occupied by a conventional safety. This device allows the trigger to function as a single set trigger that breaks like glass at 2.5lbs. I'm the second owner of the rifle and have only fired 25 rounds from it. The previous owner ordered it new from Krieghoff for a trip to Africa where he used it to take a number of plains game species. It is in great condition with a few light handling marks that show on the wood. This rifle is a tack driver and shoots sub MOA with 150, 165 and 180gr factory loads from the bench. It is a true example of a FINE rifle that may be considered a piece of the gunmakers art! The Rifle is equipped with a Krieghoff Factory pivot QD scope mount which is a $1390 item alone. Ive got mounted on it a Zeiss Conquest 3.5x10x44MC. The rifle comes with a Factory Krieghoff soft takedown case and sling.

From the Krieghoff catalog "In the long-standing tradition of hunting, a single shot rifle has always been a very special gun. It stands for beauty and excellent handling characteristics. To use one in the field often creates moments of unforgettable memories. Therefore, we have named our rifle after the hunting patron St.Hubertus.
The Krieghoff HUBERTUS combines tradition and some new and innovative features. In addition to the superb handling of the rifle, a most important feature is the manual cocking device which is located on the top tang, in the position usually occupied by a conventional safety. It allows to carry the HUBERTUS fully loaded with the hammer uncocked - the safest position since there is no chance of an accidental discharge. Add to that the Universal-Trigger-System and the Combi-Cocking-Device, both standard features of the HUBERTUS, and the result is a rifle with important advantages in practical use."

This Rifle package would cost well over $8000 today to replace. I'm willing to sell it for $4950 or trade it for a .308 Bolt gun package of similar value or to my trade advantage. I may also consider a high end Trap shotgun in trade. I'm open to trade offers and will consider LH bolt guns as well as RH models. Premium optics in the package are a plus. Ill hear offers via PM and the first I'll take it on the thread followed by a confirmation PM gets the deal. I prefer USPS money orders or Certified bank funds and will ship in the lower 48 unless other arrenagements are agreed upon.

Photos can be seen following this link

1 - 5 of 5 Posts