Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling a 1969 Ljutic Mono Gun T single barrel 12 ga trap gun. Serial # 304. 34" barrel is factory full choked. Custom walnut exhibition wood and checkered stock. Pull or release custom built trigger. Includes extra standard rib barrel with modified choke.

In overall very good/excellent 95-98 percent condition. Still very tight, wood has a few marks and metal is strong with some minor bluing wear. Serious inquiries only please, no trades. More photos available, contact me with any questions. Also have the gun history spec sheet from Ljutic detailing date of mfg, length of pull, comb height, etc.

2013 Blue Book value of gun plus barrel is $8500. That's pretty optimistic so taking reasonable offers.

--Doug

·
Registered
967 Posts
I can tell you this. I recently sold 2 Mono T's about the same age. Both had far superior stocks (One a custom himler) and the other a super nice highly figured walnut with a slide glide. Metal was 95% on both and wood was atleast 95%. I sold both guns for $2300 and $2400 respectively. So don't be surprised if you see offers around $2000-$2500 even with the extra barrel. The old ljutics just don't hold any significant value even though they are excellent trap guns.

·
Registered
116 Posts
dmosher
Is this the early flat rib that really early model Mono guns had?

The rib heights changed from the really flat rib guns that Ljutic made originally but I am not sure what the serial numbers were when they started building them with the rib height they use today on the low rib Mono gun. I have Serial #4xx and #501. Ljutic Mono Serial # 425 is for sale on this site right now at about $2,500.

The rib height on them is the same as they build today in the standard Mono gun. The Ljutic for sale here appears to be the higher "low-rib" version but it's not easy to tell from the pictures.

Catching Chrome is right about prices of early model Ljutics. They can be bought for $2,000-$2,400 and I bought a more recent Olympic Rib model a while ago for $2,500. Early model ljutics are a great buy. They are a simple gun in design and virtually never break down. For someone looking for a well made single barrel trap, an early serial number ljutic at $2,000-$2,400 is a good buy. Extra barrels don't add much to their value.

Good luck selling it. gdr

·
Registered
116 Posts
The wood appears to not line up cleanly to the metal -could be the lighting? Is the wood serialized to the metal? Is it hooded or no? Can you edit yoru thread with a .pdf of the build sheet?
Thx!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's comments, appreciate it. Best to send me a private message, then I can respond directly.

Understand the real-world pricing, not sure why the 2013 Blue Book of Gun Values would value this so high. In the book it notes to add ~$2500 just for the extra barrel! Go figure.

Anyway, the final price is what someone wants to pay, so if you're interested send me a private message and we can go from there.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some additional info re questions above:

The wood (forearm and stock) is serialized to the metal (304).

No hood as noted above.

Asking price is $2500 incl 2nd barrel w/mod choke. If shipping needed we'll cover the FFL cost on our end, you'll need to cover the shipping and FFL costs on your end. Gun is located in Oakland, CA 94602.

Message me if you are interested or have specific questions, thanks.

Here is the spec sheet from the factory:

--Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts