Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Butt blank measures 20"long x 2.560"thick, height at butt 7.125", at front 3.625", at pistol grip 5.375". Forend blank is 12"long, 2.375"wide, 2.5"high.
I bought it in 2002 and it was dry then, been in Texas all that time so is still dry. Slight bit of sap wood in the butt at the top rear, last pic is of the end to show how it runs out with the grain. Trying to get some things I won't use out of the shop. $350.00 shipped con-us. Regards, John Hancock
jhh_2008_0303.jpg

jhh_2008_03031.jpg

jhh_2008_03032.jpg

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am looking for a blank to put on my sporting gun... I also don't know much about stocks and wood work.... is this blank usable on any gun, such as skeet, trap or sporting... and is your price a reduction from what you paid in 2002. Is this what blanks cost today if I were to go to a stock maker. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am looking for a blank to put on my sporting gun... I also don't know much about stocks and wood work.... is this blank usable on any gun, such as skeet, trap or sporting... and is your price a reduction from what you paid in 2002. Is this what blanks cost today if I were to go to a stock maker. Thanks Bob

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
This is a very nice blank at a very good price and if I didn't have a couple blanks sitting in the corner waiting for a gun I would buy it. Grain has excellent flow through the wrist area and contrast is excellent. Will make a nice strong stock. It might be a little tight for a large monte carlo stock but for most normal guns will work well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.