Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale are a few custom machined bolt handle knobs. They are threaded for 5/16-24 threads, counterbored at opening and about .750" deep. The material is 6061 aluminum. It is approximately 1.265" long and around .745" in diameter at the largest end. Taper on body is 15°. Weight is approximately 0.58. oz. Finger grooves are 0.50" deep. Knurled versions are pictured and share the same dimensions. If you want them longer or different in any way, I can make them on request.

I can make them out of 304 stainless and 4130 chromoly upon request too.

Price for one knob is $22 shipped first class.

This extended handle requires your bolt handle to be threaded for 5/16-24 threads. If you have any questions about installation, please ask.

The pictured bolt does not come with the extended knob. The example shown is a Savage BVTS 22 rimfire. Will work on other bolts with 5/16"-24 threads, Remington, Sako, Winchester, Ruger, Marlin, etc. If you have any questions concerning installation, contact me.

I am working on a jig to thread Savage 110, 10, 12 and 16 bolt handles. Should have threaded handles and knobs combos available in a month or so. If interested, pm me your info and will keep you posted of progress on them.

·
Strong Supporter of Trapshooting
4,727 Posts
How about charging to alter a customer's bolt for your knobs. I'd be interested in that myself.

I have several H-S Precision guns that I'd consider doing this to.

Whiz

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Very nice! I have several Remington Model 700 actions I'd like to improve like that. What's involved?

Ed

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Happy New Year!!!

Thanks for the interest guys...the way I thread a bolt, I set the bolt up in my jig and turn down the knob on a lathe and single point cut the 5/16-24 threads.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Did you ever get pricing done for your threading service?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts