1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
rbpeep_2012_2503.jpg

rbpeep_2012_25031.jpg

rbpeep_2012_25032.jpg

FS Clean Browning Belgium Superposed Lightning Trap 30 inch Full/Modified. Narrow rib. Included is very nice Browning Hard Case, keys, and Manual for the gun. There are a couple of really tiny marks on the buttstock and a small scuff on the bluing where the forearm slides to decouple the halves. Otherwise, it is extremely clean. Email and I'll send lots of pictures. Price is $1700 including insured shipping in the US. I've owned it a long time. It hasn't been shot much. It's a nice doubles gun.

I was asked about the length of tang. I assume the tang is the extension of the trigger guard. It measures about 2-3/4- inches and extends nearly to the start of the flat of the pistol grip. LOP is 14-1/2". It is completely unmodified and as it came from the factory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I don't know what long tang means. The SN is 10509 S72. I'm happy to answer questions if you'll explain. Randy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the ignorance. It's completely unmodified in any way.. It's exactly as it came from the factory.. I measure the length of pull from trigger to middle of buttpad to be 14-1/2".

·
Registered
227 Posts
Second photo looks like a long tang. Beautiful gun, I have a Superposed Broadway made in 72 just like it but I do not have the case.

·
Registered
886 Posts
DAH = Drop at Heel. The heel is the top of the butt pad. Drop is the distance from the point being measured to an imaginary horizontal line that follows the plane of the rib.

Drop at Comb is measured from that same imaginary horizontal line to the point on the comb where your cheek rests.

Hope this helps....... an artist, I'm NOT. LOL

locdoc_2008_030365.jpg

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay.. I measure the drop at the comb to be 1-15/32". If I hold it up against a wall, it appears that the comb is almost exactly parallel to the wall meaning that the butt is also 1-15/32. As a matter of personal observation, I have six different trap guns.. from 870's to An Ithaca 7E. This Lightning is definitely on the higher end of the combs. They are all very close to each other as far as the sight pattern I see when holding the gun. With all of them the front bead "sits" right on top of the middle bead. I understand that I may have slightly "fatter" cheek than some.. so I'm hoping that my description makes sense. Like I said originally it is unmodified in any way. I know there is some variation in different guns of the same model. Hope this helps. Randy

·
Registered
886 Posts
Here you go, Jack. It's the best I can do under the circumstances... LOL

Doug

locdoc_2008_030366.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.