Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll take it. I have several others, my favorite being the 1967 Chevy Truck sales brochure.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TT, I'd like to have a few of mine back too. The 67-72 Chevys have always been my favorite. I've been lucky to have owned/built six of them including a Blazer, Suburban and short and long beds. Still have a heavy 3/4 ton long bed for the dump runs. Probably the toughest truck ever built.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
I agree BMC...I had a 71 GMC Sierra Grande 2500 Camper Special with the 400 Big Block and 3.73 rear, T400 tranny..man could that truck pull but oh how those 10 ply belted tires rode..you could feel a penny in the road

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
Calvin,

I don't remember Chevy having a 400 big block.

As I recall, at various times they had a 396, 402, 427, 454, and a 512 in big block, though.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Tim, anything past 69 was a 402 but Chevrolet never awknowledged them with their own insignia, they were also building the 400 SBC so it would work for both.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Timb99, I used to know every option on that generation but will have to shoot from memory here. They did offer the 400 big block in the Cheyenne Supers and Camper Specials, I believe they were actually 402s badged as 400s. My current 72 3/4 was originally a 400 big block truck but was replaced with a small block 350 when the big block spun a bearing.

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Zackly right!!! it was a 402BBC but the fender badges said 400..Mine was copper metallic and white, and had the brown interior that looked like tooled leather..a beautiful truck and sounded great too! I put on a dual exhaust system with Cherry Bomb glass packs

·
Registered
653 Posts
The photo posted of the 1971 is the same color/trim as my first Chevy truck, a 1972 Cheyenne 3/4 ton, Camper Special, 400 big block. With the beefed up rear springs, it did indeed ride like a truck when not loaded. It hauled a 10 1/2' cab over camper easily. Lots of power, but the gas mileage was pretty bad, however in those days gas was probably .50 cents/gallon.

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
Calvin,

I dated a girl who had a Chevy truck with that same color scheme except I think hers had a 6-banger instead of the big block.

Tim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.