Trapshooters Forum banner

FS: Abbiatico & Salvinelli Excalibur SL - SOLD

6584 Views 19 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  Hilton55
For sale is an absolutely beautiful Abbiatico & Salvinelli Excalibur SL sidelock, 12 and 20 gauge two barrel set. Here’s the details:

In all the years that Abbiatico & Salvinelli has been producing hand-made shotguns, they've made only 96 true sidelock Excaliburs (SL). These sidelocks were made in both square body and round body configurations. There were only 50 square body guns made of which this is number 5. This gun was originally delivered by the factory in May of 1994 to a gun shop in Tuscany, Italy. This gun is designed for competition, these are the specifications:

Gun weight: 8 lbs, 3 ozs.

12 gauge barrel weight: 1.54 kg

12 gauge barrel length: 29 3/4" [bore diameter: (bottom) .726 with .020 fixed choke, (top) .724 with .028 fixed choke.]

20 gauge barrel weight: 1.56 kg

20 gauge barrel length: 29 3/4"

Length of Pull: 14 1/8"

Drop at Comb: 1 5/16"

Drop at Heel: 1 7/8" with slight right-hand offset at toe

Gun performance: Both barrels are perfectly regulated with top and bottom barrels shooting to the exact same point of impact, neither above or below, right or left. I’ve shot this gun for skeet and was very pleased with it’s performance. The trigger pull weights are 4 lbs. for the bottom barrel and 4 ½ lbs. for the top. The triggers are crisp, consistent and have a great feel to them.

The gun has been factory engraved by Dassa in a beautiful English Rose and Scroll pattern, and has been executed to a very high level. In addition to the full coverage engraving on the receiver and forearm, the barrels are both lightly engraved.

The condition of the gun is as follows: receiver 98%, wood 95% with some light dings from use, 12 gauge barrels 95% with a few light scratches, 20 gauge barrels 99%. Bores are bright and shiny. This gun has been carefully used and maintained and there are no issues to report. The bottom barrel of the 12 gauge barrels has been ported, otherwise both barrels are factory original. Thanks, John

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The chokes on the 20 gauge barrels are roughly Mod and Full, I say roughly because I've never used these barrels and I only have a micrometer for 12 gauge barrels. Hope this helps. John

· Registered
1,020 Posts
it was a great deal before he lowered the price. This gun has everything. You can tube the 20ga. barrels for 28ga and 410 and you have all aspects of clay target shooting covered plus the beauty of a true sidelock beauty. A true value for the money. Hey guys sell some of your lesser guns to get money together for this.

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To the gentleman from Australia: I received your phone message but it kept breaking up and I couldn't understand what you were saying. Leave me a personal message with your email address and I'll get right back to you. John

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.