Trapshooters Forum banner

FROST YOUR NUTTS JACKPOT - BORDER BATTLE REMATCH Feb. 7th

1905 Views 20 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  entropy
Hudson Rod and Gun in Hudson WI will be hosting a Jackpot Border battle this Sunday Feb 7th
Ok guys here we go it is going to be cold that Sunday and it looks like temps around zero but sunny. Unfortunately we cannot reschedule the shoot due to previously commitments.
So we will see who the men are. Sign ups start at 9:30 am shooting starts at 10 we can shoot until 4 but if the shooters don't show we will call it earlier say 2pm.
20.00 for 2 rounds one at the 16 one at the 25.
There will be Chili - Hotdogs, Pizza and build your own Bloody Mary going on.
We have bottle of Crown Royal on the line for the Border battle hopefully WI can beat MN this time.
See you there and dress warm.

Thanks
Bob Meyer
HRGAC
Reactions: Jimmy Bowen
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
1,546 Posts
You better put Jimmy Bowen on there because he’s a force to be reckoned with at these jackpots!
Yeah, you damn right Jimmy Bowen will be there. The HIGH temp for the day is forecasted to be THREE frickin degrees. We have to be NUTTS to do this but for braggin rights....it will be worth it.

To go along with the chili and dogs I'm gonna bring a Pecan Pie Cobbler...but we might have to serve it after the shootin is over because it's going to be "enhanced" with some aiming fluid.

Looking forward to the rematch.

Jimmy Bowen

· Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Doable???? I'll say it is. In MN we shoot pretty much no matter what. We've shot in -15 below actual temp and in from the side driven snow storms. In the picture below the now deceased shooter on the left, Harland Hayward, said that he didn't care what the temp was, he was going to shoot. The other 2 of us couldn't let him go out there alone.

And just so the MN guys have the bases covered....we're going to bring a bottle of Crown along AND a case of BEER for the losers. This is compliments of Mark Zauhar. A bunch of us will be practicing Saturday at the MGC Jackpot.

That's a very nice shelter Bob, compliments to those that had a hand in it.

Watch Clock Temperature Measuring instrument Watch accessory
Jeans Sky Snow Tree Outdoor recreation
Sky Snow Slope Freezing Ice cap

Jimmy Bowen

· Premium Member
1,546 Posts
We shot the Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot today and it got pretty brutal with the wind. Minus 24 wind chills with minus 2 actual temp.

I don't know if my fingers will be thawed out by tomorrow but I'm gonna be there, shoot and have some fun. We've had a mild winter so far and we all knew that there would be payback and this is it.

Jimmy Bowen

· Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We shot the Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot today and it got pretty brutal with the wind. Minus 24 wind chills with minus 2 actual temp.

I don't know if my fingers will be thawed out by tomorrow but I'm gonna be there, shoot and have some fun. We've had a mild winter so far and we all knew that there would be pck and this is it.

Jimmy Bowen
Talk about cold I got to play with water this morning. Work called at 7am MAIN BREAK.
Hudson is ready for the shoot tomorrow.
See you tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.